AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Wonder Years' Dan Campbell Comments on Ferguson, MO

Posted by - 01:04 AM on 09/02/14
Hit the replies to see Dan Campbell of The Wonder Years talking about the current events in Ferguson, MO at a recent show.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
01:05 AM on 09/02/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:21 AM on 09/02/14
shika
User Info.
USA, USA, USA, USA
01:27 AM on 09/02/14
LanzGodly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Which of these stories seem more accurate? Wilson's family friend sounds very biased.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/...rown-timeline/
01:53 AM on 09/02/14
tbone0329
Why is the world so sad?
User Info.
the media is a fucking cancer to this country. every fucking event is spun around to fit their agenda, so you're never getting full facts. you're only getting the parts and versions of the story they want to tell. They go so in depth with Johnson's side of the story, yet the officers story has been corroborated by over a dozen witnesses and that was even before any statement was publicly released by the officer. people need to just stop and let it unfold in court as it should.
02:20 AM on 09/02/14
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.
the media is a fucking cancer to this country. every fucking event is spun around to fit their agenda, so you're never getting full facts. you're only getting the parts and versions of the story they want to tell. They go so in depth with Johnson's side of the story, yet the officers story has been corroborated by over a dozen witnesses and that was even before any statement was publicly released by the officer. people need to just stop and let it unfold in court as it should.
The "dozen witnesses" corroborating the Wilson's side of things was pretty widely debunked since it was based off of some unreliable/faked information.
Besides, Wilson and the whole Ferguson PD never even filed a damn Incident Report about the shooting. Damn near the whole police department have been lying about the murder.
02:35 AM on 09/02/14
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
The "dozen witnesses" corroborating the Wilson's side of things was pretty widely debunked since it was based off of some unreliable/faked information.
Besides, Wilson and the whole Ferguson PD never even filed a damn Incident Report about the shooting. Damn near the whole police department have been lying about the murder.
Exactly, and the police department never revealed a "public statement" about the incident from Wilson at all so I don't understand why people keep bringing up a statement that doesn't exist. The PD only loosely passed along his supposed justification for shooting. They didn't file an incident report because they passed the case off to county and county supposedly has one, but aren't going to release it until the Grand Jury they have supposedly looking over the evidence makes a decision whether to pursue charges on the officer or not.

Wilson hasn't said anything at all because he's in hiding and probably wouldn't be allowed to say much of anything anyway. That "Josey" person is an anonymous person claiming to be a "friend." Unlike the rest of the witnesses who have come forward publicly, nobody has any valid proof that that person is who they say they are and to top it off, they weren't even there, so anything they are saying is relayed from an obviously bias source (supposedly Wilson himself, but only after the story is filtered through his "significant other" and THEN passed along to "josey") if at all true, which isn't likely at this point.
06:04 AM on 09/02/14
spinalcountdown
User Info.
the media is a fucking cancer to this country. every fucking event is spun around to fit their agenda, so you're never getting full facts. you're only getting the parts and versions of the story they want to tell.
Truth. I can't name a single news outlet in the US that you can't instantly tell is blatantly liberal or conservative based on their headlines alone.
07:00 AM on 09/02/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I so wish there was a hardcore Republican pop punk band for them to beef with
07:14 AM on 09/02/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.

That's because Wilson's story was complete bullshit...

As explained above. The PD has been covering their butt.
07:34 AM on 09/02/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I'm into this.
07:54 AM on 09/02/14
mmorris1333
User
User Info.
I so wish there was a hardcore Republican pop punk band for them to beef with

Let's not get true conservative values mixed up with the bullshit Fox News version of republicanism. Conservatives hate the police and their constant abuse of power. the far right republicans are arguably anarchistic in their views of corruption in government/law enforcement. idk what Fox News even considers themselves but they're just so far detached from true republican beliefs.
08:15 AM on 09/02/14
Soupy
User Info.
Gotta start remembering that everything I say will be filmed and put on the internet. Not to say that I regret this at all. I'll stand by this all day but it is totally off the cuff and I wish that I had planned and spoken more eloquently. If I had known it would be getting posted about this much, I would have made sure to get more information out there and make better use of the soapbox.
08:29 AM on 09/02/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Gotta start remembering that everything I say will be filmed and put on the internet. Not to say that I regret this at all. I'll stand by this all day but it is totally off the cuff and I wish that I had planned and spoken more eloquently. If I had known it would be getting posted about this much, I would have made sure to get more information out there and make better use of the soapbox.
just wait till you guys get big enough to appear on TMZ
08:49 AM on 09/02/14
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
Thanks for keeping up awareness of this issue. You're a good man, Soupy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos