AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Attention - Stand Strong Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 7.5
Production 9
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 6.5
Final Verdict: 76%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Attention - Stand Strong

Reviewed by: Cole06 (07/02/08)
Attention - Stand Strong
Record Label: None
Release Date: November 13, 2007

Who?

Imagine hearing a blend of music from Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, and The Starting Line. Though that sound is something tough to produce, Attention has managed to equate the formula for it. The pop/rock quartet from Minneapolis, Minnesota has already released two successful albums in Japan under Bad News Records. Their résumé also includes performing alongside My Chemical Romance and Jimmy Eat World, as well as working with Grammy Award-winners Chris Testa and James Harley on Stand Strong. This alone should spark enough interest in the normal Absolutepunk.net member to give Attention a chance.

How is it?

Stand Strong is a phenomenal EP. The lyrics manage to flow brilliantly in a thematic sense, from "They could never tear us apart / The torn and the twisted hearts / Just want to know / What it feels like to let go" to "Whatever you go through / I'm here for you." The majority of the tracks on Stand Strong are up-tempo and feel like they should be blasting in your car's stereo as you drive down the highway on a summer day. Attention showcases their versatility between "Heartattack," a harder track on the EP with thick guitars and a drumbeat that will have you tapping your foot until the end of the song, and "Raise Your Glass," a soothing, lovesick song complemented by an acoustic guitar.

A precious characteristic of Stand Strong is that Attention has managed to compose an EP that every listener can relate to. All of the songs relate to feelings and emotions that most listeners have probably felt at some point in their lives or will eventually feel. It's fantastic to have music that you can relate to, especially when the music is as captivating as Attention's is.

Recommended if You LikeTaking Back Sunday, Empires, Jimmy Eat World, Everclear

myspace.com/attention

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
07:55 PM on 07/06/08
hockeyguitar99
Prison Strength
User Info.
sounds pretty good.

Nicely written review

EDIT: It seems like you really like it in your review but gave it only a mediocre rating.
01:44 PM on 07/07/08
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
User Info.
Judging from a half a song, I like what I hear.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests