Username
Password
MTV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
MTV
Inside AP.net

A Rocket To TRL

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (07/05/08)
A Rocket to the Moon will appear on MTV's Total Request Live on July 10th and will perform an acoustic version of a new song, "Dakota."

Submitted by lindzay

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 81
11:03 AM on 07/05/08
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
shit man. wow. congrats. didnt think he would be on mtv anytime soon.

hes gonna have so many major labels knocking at his door now considering he is unsigned still.
11:10 AM on 07/05/08
ashiex3
Oh, but the world is a mess.
User Info.
thats pretty big.
congrats to him.
11:11 AM on 07/05/08
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
I'm wondering how well all these unsigned acts handle the pressure of performing on TRL.
11:12 AM on 07/05/08
MONICAS
User Info.
last kid to ever deserve this...
11:18 AM on 07/05/08
OmgzDisko
Dumbledore is my homeboy
User Info.
I can't see why he's not signed.

That problem should be solved soon enough I guess.
11:24 AM on 07/05/08
extraXordinaire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So... FNB gets slammed for autotune but this slides? I dont know nor will i listen to see if i care if its used intentionally as an effect. Fuck this shit, PRACTICE YOUR FUCKING SINGING. and while you're at it write this down and learn it: INTRO, verse, PRECHORUS, chorus, postchorus, verse, PRECHORUS, chrous, BRIDGE, chorus, OUTRO.

garbage around one hook does not fucking cut it. and for more of the shitty bands out there read: STYLE/SCENE POINTS DO NOT COUNT AS A FUCKING HOOK.

/end frustration at shitty, insincere garbage.
11:26 AM on 07/05/08
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
So... FNB gets slammed for autotune but this slides? I dont know nor will i listen to see if i care if its used intentionally as an effect. Fuck this shit, PRACTICE YOUR FUCKING SINGING. and while you're at it write this down and learn it: INTRO, verse, PRECHORUS, chorus, postchorus, verse, PRECHORUS, chrous, BRIDGE, chorus, OUTRO.

garbage around one hook does not fucking cut it. and for more of the shitty bands out there read: STYLE/SCENE POINTS DO NOT COUNT AS A FUCKING HOOK.

haha, wow.
11:27 AM on 07/05/08
AUGUSTinBETHANY
User Info.
yea i don't like this shit anyways. there's to many bands now that use synth nothing new
and of course the girls will eat this shit up cause he's so fucking cute.. just another cute band boy blah!

its all about looks now if u want to make it somewhere.
11:37 AM on 07/05/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
lame
11:42 AM on 07/05/08
Britton_Billik
2OH3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

If you actually took the time to listen to A Rocket To The Moons newest songs, you might realize that no autotune is being used. Its Nick and a acoustic guitar. The kids got an amazing voice. Give him a break. I don't see any posts about you being on TRL this week... or ever.
11:44 AM on 07/05/08
MattCuginidied
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

kids such a tool.
11:47 AM on 07/05/08
xidreamofyou32x
I need something to believe in
User Info.
wow, I didn't see that coming. I didn't know that unsigned acts ever performed on TRL. Regardless, congrats to him, very nice guy and very talented. I saw and talked to him at the Knitting Factory when he opened for Self Against City and he put on a good show.
11:48 AM on 07/05/08
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I'm wondering how well all these unsigned acts handle the pressure of performing on TRL.

New weekly feature on Thursdays called "Under The Radar" where they feature performances from 3 unsigned acts.
11:58 AM on 07/05/08
xoxbocachicaxox
for shiz up the spout!
User Info.
woahhh unexpected! congrats to him though..
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests