AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Lost Hands Found Fingers - Live Hard, Hold Fast Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7
Production 7
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 5
Reviewer Tilt 6.75
Final Verdict: 66%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Lost Hands Found Fingers - Live Hard, Hold Fast

Reviewed by: llmp (07/05/08)
Lost Hands Found Fingers - Live Hard, Hold Fast
Record Label: Sacred Plague Records
Release Date: 2007

Usually Iíd start off this review trying to be clever in an attempt to entice whoever happens to be reading this to continue doing so. However, I see little point in putting that amount of thought into this review when the band Iím reviewing seemingly made no attempt at anything clever while making this album. So Iím not going to waste anyoneís time. Letís get right to it.

Lost Hands Found Fingers describe themselves as playing music that is a mixture of Hot Water Music and Iron Maiden; while the vocals are somewhat similar to the gruff-sounding vocals Hot Water Music are famous for, this comparison is really just a clever way of saying they play metal-infused punk. I donít particularly see much of either band while listening to Live Hard, Hold Fast. Personally, Iíd describe their music as a new Strung Out album minus the production and distinct vocalist. This could easily be taken in a negative way, but if I were asked to describe the newest Strung Out album I would say it was overproduced with occasionally annoying vocals. With that in mind, I will say I do enjoy most of the songs on this album.

So, why the overbearingly negative tone of this review? I guess I should go ahead and confess. The first paragraph was, in fact, an attempt at being clever by making a statement about the album. It, along with Live Hard, Hold Fast, makes no attempt to appear interesting. Iíd imagine if anyone were to approach the band and ask them why someone should listen to their album, theyíd answer with a shrug. Theyíre a mediocre band that seems to be utterly content to be nothing more.

If simply the thought of metal-infused punk is appealing, Live Hard, Hold Fast is worth a look during a drought of good music. Itís the type of album that is good for a few listens and then will quickly fade into obscurity. Thatís really the only time I can see myself recommending this to someone. I donít see a lot of hope in this band improving with any forthcoming releases, this style of music does not leave much room to maneuver. I would, however, be more than happy to give them the chance to surprise me.

Recommended if You Likemetal in your punk, Strung Out, Hot Water Music, Iron Maiden

myspace.com/losthandsfoundfingers

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums