Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 72.
09:55 AM on 07/08/08
Liter-O-Cola
Is there a ghost in my house?
User Info.
As a huge Weezer fan and lover of the Red album, I admit that the lyrics in the verses of this song still make me cringe. I don't see how you can say that they aren't... "When I was younger I used to tip cows for fun, yeah/Actually I didn't do that, 'cos I didn't want the cows to be sad." Weezer rules, but there's not much anybody can take from that.

Come on! The song is hilarious! I don't feel like retaliating too bad 'cause your avatar pleases me.
09:58 AM on 07/08/08
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
User Info.
Not sure if I even want to listen to this.
10:00 AM on 07/08/08
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
i thought the red album was pretty much the worst album they have put out

it is. i can get into at least a few of the songs on this album, but even so, they're not that great of songs.
10:01 AM on 07/08/08
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
people still use winamp?

I hope not.
10:14 AM on 07/08/08
autumnbreathing
... stands corrected.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I haven't listened to this album, but your reviews always manage to keep me entertained enough to finish them. No easy feat.
10:18 AM on 07/08/08
nashiscash1324
alright alright alright
User Info.
really need to give this album some more love.

nicely written review.
10:45 AM on 07/08/08
cassusriff
Bookmarks
User Info.
this review really hits the nail on the head.

I just never really know how I feel about Weezer, but I like some of the songs on this album.
10:52 AM on 07/08/08
DItaliaO
User Info.
I couldn't stand the lyrics and I refuse to let this album be in my Weezer collection IMO.
Yeah, true, Cuomo's never had great lyrics, but the entire album sounded like he wanted to look so badass that it just came through to me as laughable.
In Blue Album, the guy admitted he was kind of a dork ("In The Garage"), now it just sounds like he's trying to re-construct his image by forcing "I'm the meanest in the place/Step up I'll mess with your face" bullshit into our ears.
Disapproval.

the first 3 tracks are cocky and i love it. Rock is about being cocky. If you listen to "heart songs" and the influences he name drops you can understand why he wrote every song in his career. Rivers is cool in my book.
11:09 AM on 07/08/08
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
Come on! The song is hilarious! I don't feel like retaliating too bad 'cause your avatar pleases me.
Hah, fair enough! The song is hilarious and I do enjoy it very much! But, they aren't great lyrics. That's all I'm saying.
11:11 AM on 07/08/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
I ABSOLUTELY disagree. "Everybody Get Dangerous" is an amazing rock song and is one of the highlights of this album. The lyrics are great and fit in perfectly w/ much of this album's sarcasm. Also you might want to read through this review again, there's some simple grammatical mistakes to clean up.
haha, that's what I get for writing and posting a review at 3 in the morning with splitting headache. I need an editor haha
11:12 AM on 07/08/08
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Trust me, I love Everybody Gets Dangerous because of its fun nature and ridiculousness, but that does not make it a good song haha imo
11:19 AM on 07/08/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
Totally agree that "Everybody Get Dangerous" was the low point on the album. I'd still give this a low to mid 80% score though...I thought the album in whole was pretty darn good.
11:20 AM on 07/08/08
altemose09
User Info.
i liked the album
11:20 AM on 07/08/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
Trust me, I love Everybody Gets Dangerous because of its fun nature and ridiculousness, but that does not make it a good song haha imo

Completely off topic, but you wouldn't happen to be a Pack fan also would you? Just curious because I know you are die hard Brew-Crew.
11:34 AM on 07/08/08
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Completely off topic, but you wouldn't happen to be a Pack fan also would you? Just curious because I know you are die hard Brew-Crew.
I love the Packers.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums