AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:04 PM on 07/28/08 
User Info.
PaulsRightNut
and the world spins madly on
No Avatar Selected
Saw the new episode. Its not my favorite show or anything but I liked it.
01:42 PM on 07/28/08 
User Info.
Gedarov
Rock N Ruin
Brooklyn, NY
Male
The red head is sooooooooooo hot.

i've met her once before - just as attractive in person, and legitmately down to earth as far as i could tell.

as a PR/ad exec myself, i've been hooked on this damn show since day one. 2 of my current bosses were in the height of thier careers when this series was set - aparently, it really was just like that (and worse!). it's fascinating to me to compare and contrast the show to thier stories...
04:11 PM on 07/28/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
Not as great as I thought it would be but it just the show just picks up everything like it's already in the middle of a season. I just need more info is all, but other than that it was great. Excited to see the season progress. Plus I'm happy to see Roger Sterling back in working order. He might be my favorite character on the show. John Stattery is too good of an actor.

Glad to see more people know about this show and this thread pick up some momentum.

i've met her once before - just as attractive in person, and legitmately down to earth as far as i could tell.

as a PR/ad exec myself, i've been hooked on this damn show since day one. 2 of my current bosses were in the height of thier careers when this series was set - aparently, it really was just like that (and worse!). it's fascinating to me to compare and contrast the show to thier stories...
That's cool. How did you meet her ?

Whoa, that's pretty interesting. I've watched the show with my mom sitting through and she would just point out all of the stuff that she remembered growing up with.
08:28 PM on 08/03/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
Really loved the new episode. Peter Campbell really owned this episode but everyone had a great moment in it.
07:37 AM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
Gedarov
Rock N Ruin
Brooklyn, NY
Male

That's cool. How did you meet her ?

Whoa, that's pretty interesting. I've watched the show with my mom sitting through and she would just point out all of the stuff that she remembered growing up with.

2 of my co-workers are executive producers of a small independant film that she has a role in. they needed young people as extras for a scene in a bar, so i recruited a bunch of my college friends to come with me.

while standing around set, i think i spoke maybe four sentences to her, all of which were unintelligible stammerings, but she was kind, responded, and seemed used to it. Julie McNiven i think is her name, too lazy to imdb it, lol.
08:04 AM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
Jared Kaufman
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I have not even heard of this show until this week and now I can't get away from it.

Someone please give me the general synopsis.
11:25 AM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
demondays524
welcometonormal.tumblr.co m
Mooresville, NC
Male - 22 Years Old
I have not even heard of this show until this week and now I can't get away from it.

Someone please give me the general synopsis.

The general synopsis would simply be the lives of ad men and their families in 1960s New York. If you really liked the show, definitely buy the DVDs from last season. You won't be disappointed.

I thought last nights episode was great. I really can't wait for next week.
12:00 PM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
Gedarov
Rock N Ruin
Brooklyn, NY
Male
The general synopsis would simply be the lives of ad men and their families in 1960s New York.

to elaborate on this, the reason why this is interesting is because back then, ad agencies were like a different world...drugs, booze, constant smoking in the office, infidelities (women were not in positions of power), ridiculous fights and obscene amounts of pressure...
12:03 PM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
Ailite
one bright dusk
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I really want to get into this, is season 1 out on DVD yet?
02:36 PM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
jnnlopez
Santa Clara, Ca
Female - 23 Years Old
I can't wait for next weeks episode. I'm really interested to what they do with Peggy and her baby.
03:30 PM on 08/04/08 
User Info.
demondays524
welcometonormal.tumblr.co m
Mooresville, NC
Male - 22 Years Old
I really want to get into this, is season 1 out on DVD yet?

Yeah it is. It comes in a cool "ligher" case.
07:07 PM on 08/14/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
"The Benefactor" was a fantastic episode. The moment when Don puts his hand up that lady's skirt and tells her "I will ruin him" has to be one of the best draper moments ever. The next episode looks like a lot of stuff will happen.
01:30 PM on 08/20/08 
User Info.
Gedarov
Rock N Ruin
Brooklyn, NY
Male
dvd order, yesssss
07:26 PM on 09/06/08 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
What did everyone think of the last few episodes. It blew my mind a bit when Rachel appeared. She was always one of my favorite characters. Plus the Duck episode was great. I didn't like him at first but he really started to grow on me until he left his dog Chauncey outside. Damn that was harsh.
04:46 PM on 09/07/08 
User Info.
Yes. And?
♥ break in stereo.
Maryland
Female - 23 Years Old
I found out about it yesterday and I already love it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos