AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Steel Train News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Steel Train Keeping Busy; Now on Tour with The Hush Sound

Posted by - 11:14 AM on 07/10/08
Steel Train has checked in from their busy schedule. The band is now on tour with The Hush Sound - dates are in the replies.
Myspace BlogHi!

It has been a crazy few days. On july 3rd we got home from the Spill Canvas Tour. This was an amazing tour for us. Some of the greatest people we have ever toured with, and we truly miss everyone already. Seriously, from day one of that tour everyone was so amazing to us and we made life long friends for sure.

After getting home,,,, Daniel went to 2 days of camp. Dead serious he does it every year with his family at a yiddish camp. ?? Apparently he played sports and other jewish things. Jon sailed around the hudson on his yacht....not true. Dont really know what Jon did to be honest. He probably hung out with everyone in Teaneck, NJ. Even played countless hour of golf and furthered plans to design his own course, and I went to the jersey shore. Sounds sleezy but its not. In the midst of all this we were all having mini heart attacks in anticipation for the Conan performances coming up.

SO.. that sunday, three days after we got home from tour, we went into a rehersal space in NYC and played I Feel weird about 6 times. We had our friend Andrew Dost come play bells and guitar with us. What a great guy.

The next day we showed up to NBC studios at 10am and set up all our shit. I think we might be one of the few bands in history that played conan and set up all their own stuff. Cant really imagine Jack White or Feist doing that. Everyone there was awsome, made us feel at home... We played the song a few times at 2 pm to get everything set, and then we waited,,and waited. Then....Ted Koppel took the stage, at this point they started taking us in one by one for make up. Lipstick ect.
Before we knew it we were being brought out to the stage, and then it seemed like seconds went by and we just started playing. As soon as the song started we all felt great. All the tension went away, and it was no different that any show we have played before. The song was over incredible quick... and I felt so relieved. Conan was great, so nice to us. The whole thing was such a blur.

Late that night we had a mini watching party at my parents apt. This was nice, we got take out from elaines....like elaines from all the woody allen movies!!

The next day (yesterday) we started the hush sound tour in NYC at the highline ballroom. This is gonna be an amazing tour. Everyone is so fucking cool off the bat and the show was great. ..

So here I am now, just woke up, ,going to get breakfast and then drive the boston for the 2nd show. Hope to see everyone out on the road, and hope everyone is well..

love,
jack

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:15 AM on 07/10/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
The Hush Sound, Steel Train, The Cab & The Morning Light
Fri 07/11/08 Toronto, ON The Mod Club Theatre
Sat 07/12/08 Saint Catherines, ON L3
Sun 07/13/08 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
Mon 07/14/08 Grand Rapids, MI The Intersection
Wed 07/16/08 Columbus, OH The Basement
Thu 07/17/08 Toledo, OH Headliners
Fri 07/18/08 Milwaukee, WI The Rave Eagles Club
Sat 07/19/08 Saint Paul, MN Station 4
Sun 07/20/08 Chicago, IL House Of Blues
Tue 07/22/08 Des Moines, IA House Of Bricks
Wed 07/23/08 Kansas City, MO Beaumont Club
Thu 07/24/08 Omaha, NE Club Roxbury
Fri 07/25/08 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
Sat 07/26/08 Colorado Springs, CO Black Sheep
Mon 07/28/08 Salt Lake City, UT The Avalon Theater
Tue 07/29/08 Boise, ID The Venue
Thu 07/31/08 Spokane, WA Knitting Factory Concert House
Fri 08/01/08 Seattle, WA El Corazon
Sat 08/02/08 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
Mon 08/04/08 San Francisco, CA Slim's
Tue 08/05/08 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
Wed 08/06/08 San Diego, CA SOMA San Diego
Thu 08/07/08 Phoenix, AZ The Brickhouse
Fri 08/08/08 Tucson, AZ The Rock
Sun 08/10/08 Austin, TX Antone's
Mon 08/11/08 Dallas, TX The Door In Dallas
Tue 08/12/08 Houston, TX Warehouse Live
Thu 08/14/08 Saint Petersburg, FL The State Theatre
Fri 08/15/08 Fort Lauderdale, FL Culture Room
Sat 08/16/08 Orlando, FL The Social
Sun 08/17/08 Jacksonville, FL Jack Rabbits
Mon 08/18/08 Atlanta, GA The Loft At Center Stage
Tue 08/19/08 Greensboro, NC Greene Street
Thu 08/21/08 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
Fri 08/22/08 Philadelphia, PA Theatre Of The Living Arts
Sat 08/23/08 Hartford, CT Webster Theatre
Sun 08/24/08 Buffalo, NY Xtreme Wheels
Mon 08/25/08 South Hackensack, NJ School of Rock East
11:22 AM on 07/10/08
gracky
Don't you float away.
User Info.
i'm seeing them on the hush sound tour, should be awesome :D
11:32 AM on 07/10/08
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
hahaha i found this update to be really funny for some reason.

the steel train dudes are so talented.

even greater people.

and they never miss philly on their tours.
11:40 AM on 07/10/08
beoquen34
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why freakin maryland... i hate having to drive so far to see shows... i want calling all bands to come to the dc area
11:41 AM on 07/10/08
HelpMeSleep
fuck what you know.
User Info.
i love them so much. they were great on Conan and when i saw them a few weeks ago at Slim's. cannot wait to see them there again!!
11:42 AM on 07/10/08
Why Bother?
#SOSVenezuela
User Info.
God I wish I could go to this.
11:47 AM on 07/10/08
morgz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
way stoked to go to this
12:13 PM on 07/10/08
kigginsthisprov
themichaelkiggins.tumblr. com
User Info.
So excited to see them.
12:33 PM on 07/10/08
GoldenDaze421
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were amazing! This tour is really, really good. Steel Train rules.
01:08 PM on 07/10/08
nick_abb
The Escape Frame
User Info.
But is Steel Train really Steel Train without Scott?.. Well I don't think so. They're still a really good band, but they're not the same band by any stretch of the imagination. Surely someone on here agrees with me.
01:12 PM on 07/10/08
loserkidchad
User Info.
Their performance on Conan was one of the best I've seen from any band,... it was nice to see them striving in the limelight with a ton of energy (whereas most bands end up worrying about sounding good on stage). I think they kicked ass in making the song sound record perfect and giving a great show for the 3 minutes they were on.

I really hope they just keep getting bigger and bigger, because they definitely deserve it.
Plus, I just don't think enough people have heard "Trampoline", and they really really need to.
01:41 PM on 07/10/08
BehindACamera
is your biological father
User Info.
Caught the show at Highline on Tuesday night. If you're going to see them get there early, they went on 3rd, after Doug and The Morning Light. My friends and I barely made it for their first song.
01:45 PM on 07/10/08
bonnerroo
User Info.
Love this band. I saw the show at Highline on Tuesday and they were fantastic as always. I'm attending the last date of this tour as well, but it seems much too far away at this point!
02:25 PM on 07/10/08
RXBandit34
User Info.
does anyone know why scott left the band??? he was one of the biggest parts of the band from their first recordings all the way thru trampoline. and now hes gone???!!?! i need info

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos