Username
Password
Warped Tour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warped Tour
Inside AP.net

They Speak The Truth

Posted by: Nathan Lint (07/16/08)
Broadway Calls has put up a new blog about their experiences on the Warped Tour. You can check them out in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
11:18 AM on 07/16/08
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
Ok so first off, i need you all to know that the following paragraphs were written by our good friend MC Chris. It pretty much sums up what's been going on with us lately, and i will elaborate a bit afterwards...

my friends were kidnapped!

i have been wanting to throw up all day. last night broadway calls got kicked off the bus. we marched over to kevin's tent and quite possibly scared the shit out of him while he was throwing out some trash. we explained our problem. he told us we could kick the jerk bus people off the tour. i was up all night angry and didn't sleep a wink. i watched five episodes of the wire and loved it. go lester.

at dawn once we were parked i said to the driver that everyone on the bus hates, you can't split us up, if either one of us leave then we were gonna kick you off the tour, have your passes revoked, not allow you to do business. then i went to sleep. everyone marched over to production and they sat in a room and our threatening air was lost. farewell will be moving into the bus tonight. it'll be me a bunch of strangers. when i woke up i no longer had the luxury of threats.

i texted ty and he said they were getting a van. thankfully kevin has provided a reunion for broadway calls and i in a little under two weeks, but our inability to have the bus taken off the lot, was kinda disheartening. it sucks when the bad guys win. the bus was two days late to start with a kinda broken generator that promptly broke within day's of the tour's start. ac would cop out every day. they'd tell us they had to give the generator a rest, but they did it when we were sleeping. the bus guy brought his bands on the bus, someone took a shit, the smell is still there like a rotting corpse. now everything's been fixed and they're gonna act like we had no right to be angry but it was hell from the first day. this bus staff really knows how to apologize to your face while they take your money for shoddy service and indifference.

just a few seconds ago i was told to stop hanging out in the trailer by the driver like i was a little kid. this from someone ten years my junior. even though i'm paying for the gas. so i have to put up with him giving me shit everyday in little stupid condescending ways because no one that operates this bus has any testicles. i have to take this shit because it is somehow educational. because they've been given the ok to continue with their lame o business practices. i'm shocked and my whole stomach feels fucked. like how can this be indigestion.

the guy who runs the bus, who is here to promote his stupid suck face label has been mia every since we had a meeting and voiced our concerns. our concerns we're met with bway being kicked off the bus. but not me. why? because i got money and they can barely pay the 1000 dollar gas bill. so i stay and bway calls on a shoestring budget barely slips by. when they're the awesome band that deserves a shot, when they are the ones that continue the traditions of the ramones and the look out bands, like green day, they are the ones who are kicked out. the nerdy punk rockers being kicked out by the dude bro's. does that seem right to you? it's just unfair and universally fucked up.

and i actually did throw up before my set. the warm up helped, it always kinda snaps me into it. but i was so sad to lose my friends. lose my peace. i'm now paying out of my own wallet for lameness. nonstop every chance they get lameness. whether it's the no water, the no ac, the driver's tude, the nonexistant bus manager, the overall lame vibe. it's never gonna go away until i'm on the burger bus. i met the driver he has a huge mane of black hair and sleeves of tats and he seems really nice. we met the music saves lives people and they like to talk politics in the back if you catch my drift. so soon this shit will stop. and broadway calls and i can watch more dexter's. the bus guy trying to push his label now looks like a sketchy goofball to lyman, and i concur. his laminate was taken away but folks like him seem to find their way back in.

the driver and his girlfriend just seem like mean people. kinda like jocks. i don't know how they're ever gonna get anywhere being total douche bags. im angry because my friends are being taken away from me and they're being replaced with who knows what. batman will save me. i hate it here.

i know you're reading this you douches. broadway calls and i were asked to be here. we belong here. you guys are talentless squatters with less than a clue. your stupid bullshit has made us all suffer and you don't give a shit. you're going nowhere and call it a hunch but all your bands suck and will continue to do so. and to think i started off this tour telling everyone to get rid of the hate in their heart.

i texted tom morello about everything, the mgr, the bus, the lameness. he said focus on the shows. i will try tom, i will try.

So there ya go. We've been kicked off our bus by a bi polar nutcase driver, his girlfriend that shouldn't even be here, and the actual bus owner that is the biggest pussy I have ever met. No balls. No class. No clue on how to operate a business. So we packed up and squeezed into a rental van. The lack of real sleep and real comfort is totally worth it, compared to being on the bus with those lunatics. We'll be fine. Once we get to the canadian border, the plan is to return the van, and hop on a bus with some friends for a few days until next week when MC and BC are reunited on the Music Saves Lives bus. Stoked.
This tour is not really what we expected....and by that, i mean it's not that fun. We knew it would be hard work, and we have always been a hard working band, so that doesn't bother us...it's the whole environment is fucked.
When there are 60 bands a day, and a majority of them are made up of either Christian jocks that play REALLY HEAVY MUSIC for jesus, or pop bands with the only thing separating them from boy bands like Backstreet Boys are their de tuned guitars hanging from their shoulders, it's hard to be comfortable. I walk around at night sometimes after the shows. Back by the busses. BBQ in full effect. I look around, and quickly realize that the only difference between this and a huge frat party is that all these idiots play music. Bad music. Unfuckinglistenable music.
If i sound angry and bitter, it's cuz i might be.. just a little. I want to be on a punk tour, with good bands that care more about the quality of their songs, than the quality of their hair products. More about music, and less about signing underage titties.

Don't get me wrong. It's not all bad. There are some absolutely amazing people out here, and some incredible bands.
The founder of the warped tour Kevin Lyman really helped us out with our bus problem. Everyone in production, and behind the scenes are great.
Against Me!, Beat Union, Set Your Goals, Every Time I Die, The Bronx, Gaslight Anthem, Bedouin Soundclash, The Aggrolites... these are all great bands. Real bands. Real dudes. Exactly the type of bands i would love to travel with all the time. Unfortunately, these bands aren't really the kind of bands that bring thousands of kids out everyday, so we get thrown in with all the trash. Fuck it. We'll get by. We're learning as we go, and admittedly it has been a dream to do this tour since i was 15.
So we're in Maryland today, and we are tired. But it's beautiful out, and I'd rather be doing this everyday than delivering pizzas. We know we're lucky.

Go check out MC Chris. Go check out Gil Mantera's Party Dream. 3OH!3 is amazing. Katy Perry sucks.

Gonna go eat lunch with Josh and take a nap. Long drive tonight.
Just found out that Bouncing Souls joined the tour today for a little over a week. It's gonna be a good week....

ty
11:19 AM on 07/16/08
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
I love these guys, I really wish they were getting treated better than this bullshit.
11:30 AM on 07/16/08
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
That blows.

And it seems that his Shift key broke on his keyboard. Just a bad time all around.
12:18 PM on 07/16/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
how lame.
awesome band though
12:21 PM on 07/16/08
MidCal
Ready to Please
User Info.
That hella sucks. BC deserve to be treated better.

That made me laugh. I love how even during these crappy circumstances, they still gotta hate.
12:47 PM on 07/16/08
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
User Info.
crazy they're talking to tom morello. shit sucks, nothing bad about this band except one of them had a rockstar ego when i saw them.
12:47 PM on 07/16/08
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
mc chris seems more bummed about it than the band. He blogs about missing BC so much. That would be such a great tour...
01:02 PM on 07/16/08
dlongo
Amplified Esq.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shitty situation... but when they say "3OH!3 is amazing", I begin to question where they are coming from exactly, by bashing on the numerous other bands on the tour.

"I want to be on a punk tour, with good bands that care more about the quality of their songs, than the quality of their hair products. More about music, and less about signing underage titties."

How does 3OH!3 care about the quality of their songs exactly? I read some of the 3OH3! thread earlier, and if there's one thing people seem to agree on, like them or not, is that they are a big joke, not to be taken seriously. (Which still does not make them good).
01:14 PM on 07/16/08
WishYouAway
User Info.
You know half of the time when reading it, I want to understand and side with them because it is upsetting to see a tour with its history end up having such a heavy Christian-band oriented following and a heavy pop following, but at the same time when they side with bands like 3OH!3 it makes me feel like these are also the guys that I hated -- these "punks" that are so caught up in their little mentality they just HAVE to rebel and hate on people. At the same time as this they're just as much as a cliche douchebag group as the ones they complain about.
01:24 PM on 07/16/08
arson
User Info.
i feel sorry for them and their bus situation
that must suck but hating on bands doesn't solve anything at all, if anything, it will cause more problems backstage
01:48 PM on 07/16/08
Casanova, Baby!
New Boot Goofin'
User Info.
That blows.

And it seems that his Shift key broke on his keyboard. Just a bad time all around.

hahahahahaha amen to that.
02:07 PM on 07/16/08
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
Shitty situation... but when they say "3OH!3 is amazing", I begin to question where they are coming from exactly, by bashing on the numerous other bands on the tour.

"I want to be on a punk tour, with good bands that care more about the quality of their songs, than the quality of their hair products. More about music, and less about signing underage titties."

How does 3OH!3 care about the quality of their songs exactly? I read some of the 3OH3! thread earlier, and if there's one thing people seem to agree on, like them or not, is that they are a big joke, not to be taken seriously. (Which still does not make them good).

You know half of the time when reading it, I want to understand and side with them because it is upsetting to see a tour with its history end up having such a heavy Christian-band oriented following and a heavy pop following, but at the same time when they side with bands like 3OH!3 it makes me feel like these are also the guys that I hated -- these "punks" that are so caught up in their little mentality they just HAVE to rebel and hate on people. At the same time as this they're just as much as a cliche douchebag group as the ones they complain about.

They didn't say 3OH!3 cared about the quality of their songs, they probably just take them with a grain of salt and like them because of the joke.

Also, how are these guys apart of the "cliche douchebag group"?
02:14 PM on 07/16/08
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
That sucks really bad. MC chris and Broadway Calls should collaborate. MC Calls.
03:06 PM on 07/16/08
xBOSTONx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
punks still alive.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives