Username
Password

10:17 AM on 03/17/10 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
yeah. really looking forward to jeselnik. he's one of my current favorites.

as for donald glover, his shit is good and he's a lot more polished than you'd think for as little as he's been doing it. very high energy delivery and great material.
10:25 AM on 03/17/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah. really looking forward to jeselnik. he's one of my current favorites.

as for donald glover, his shit is good and he's a lot more polished than you'd think for as little as he's been doing it. very high energy delivery and great material.

Jeselnick is phenomenal! He's particularly great live. Have you seen the material he did on that HBO show, Down & Dirty with Jim Norton? Awesome stuff.

I'll give Donald Glover a look-up on YouTube or something. He's ridiculously funny during the "post-show" bits they show during the credits. I can imagine him doing well in a stand-up environment.
11:33 AM on 03/17/10 
User Info.
OhioSlamdunk
Dirty College Student
I think american comedians are probably more funny than some of the british ones. however I suppose the humor is different and all that. still Jeselnick is damn funny as is donlad glover <3
10:18 PM on 03/18/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I think american comedians are probably more funny than some of the british ones. however I suppose the humor is different and all that. still Jeselnick is damn funny as is donlad glover <3

Erm. Depends on who you ask. And it depends on your definition of "British." Jim Jefferies is technically Australian, and recently moved to Los Angeles but...He spent a solid couple of years building what I perceive to be a fairly large fanbase over in England.

And Jim Jefferies is ten times funnier than the vast majority of comedians from the States. One of my all-time favorites.
10:18 PM on 03/18/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Just found out that this is finally seeing a CD/DVD release in the next week or so:

Ridiculously solid special. Now I can stop watching the copy I burned to DVD from SpikeTV!
06:12 AM on 03/19/10 
User Info.
OhioSlamdunk
Dirty College Student
I meant more towards stuff like Ricky Gervais and Russell Brand. The unfunny ones basically. i like joe rogan though :)
06:25 AM on 03/19/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I meant more towards stuff like Ricky Gervais and Russell Brand. The unfunny ones basically. i like joe rogan though :)

Haha. Jefferies is a bit more, uh, on the vulgar side, I guess one could say? Haha. But Gervais is funny as hell! But I absolutely loathe Russel Brand, both as an actor and a comedian. To me, it seems like he's a bit of a one-trick pony. If you think that one-trick is funny, more power to ya'. Just not my thing. Haha.

Joe Rogan, on the otherhand, I find to be absolutely brilliant. I just wish he toured a bit more--I'm yet to be able to catch him live. His perspctive on things is pretty unique, if you ask me.
01:10 PM on 03/22/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Aziz Ansari is hosting the MTV Movie Awards. Here's hoping he can slip in a dig at MTV for not knowing how to appropriately market the brilliance of Human Giant.
01:14 PM on 03/22/10 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Highgarden
Male - 21 Years Old
Rick Fox?
08:56 PM on 03/23/10 
User Info.
dundermifflin
New York
Male - 23 Years Old
donald glovers stand up on friday was pure brilliance, i've watched it a good 4 times already
04:16 AM on 03/24/10 
User Info.
catherinexhimel
Liebe ist alles was wir brauchen.
Katt Williams on drinking with white friends:

I like Katt Williams' Poor Little Ting Ting skit better. "Ain't life a bitch?"
07:31 AM on 04/14/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Someone might want to reccomend that the stand-up comedy recc's thread get merged with this or something to that effect. Apparently there's far more interest in stand-up comedy around here than I initially thought. HAH!

Anyway. Found this on YouTube the other day: Anthony Jeselnick doing a Dane Cook impression. Fuckin' brilliant/awesome:

08:19 AM on 04/14/10 
User Info.
klaz
str8 cash
Long Island/Boston
Female
Pete Holmes, anyone?
08:27 AM on 04/14/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Pete Holmes, anyone?

He's one of those "no idea who he was until I googled him and saw his face" comics. Haha. I just looked him up and checked out something he did on Preimum Blend. Funny shit!

09:35 PM on 04/22/10 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Just in case anyone's interested: All sorts of stand-up bootlegs, hard-to-find, etc. in this forum.

A wide variety of stuff in there from Bill Hicks to Patrice O'Neal, Eugene Mirman to Louis CK, et cetra. Good stuff!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos