Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
01:09 PM on 07/29/08
BlackpoolLights
Music Connoisseur
User Info.
I didn't expect most people to agree with my analysis of the album, and it probably would have been wise for me to mention that my favorite thing about Cookie Jar is how well I relate to the song...but that's not exactly something to brag about.

EchoPark - with perhaps one possible exception, "underground hip-hop" is my least favorite quote-unquote "genre" there is. When I hear somebody mention it, I shudder. Mainstream rap and hip-hop I can respect, but don't personally like very much. GCH are one of the few hip-hop acts that I like entire CDs by, so yes, with all my research in place, I still put them at the top of my list. That's just my personal opinion, though.

Loch_Doun - first, Papercut Chronicles is not their debut, that's For The Kids. Which I don't particularly like. Second, lyrics absorb the majority of my attention in rock music, and the lyrics seem more on par with Chronicles than School Children. Third, the presence of a Chronicles-like guitar riff on Blinded By The Sun and a great piano riff on the lead single. Fourth, the production - something even avid music listeners nowadays have no ear for. I've been in studios, studied production techniques, and listened closely to countless LPs, cassettes, CDs, and especially MP3s for the production alone. Simply put, it reminds me more of their second album than their third. Again, just my opinion. I believe it to be a valid one, however.

Thanks for the comments! I do appreciate them, however contradictory to my review they might be.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums