Username
Password
RIAA News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
RIAA
Inside AP.net

Attn: College Kids That Like To Download

Posted by: Julia Conny (08/01/08)
Colleges may soon be required to "provide students with commercial music downloading services and implement traffic filtering technologies in order to deter peer-to-peer filesharing."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 101
09:17 PM on 08/01/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
I figured lots of you guys might be interested in this.
09:19 PM on 08/01/08
on a frequency
did they go to the zoo? supposably.
User Info.
i don't really know how i feel about this...
09:21 PM on 08/01/08
Coverbydesign
User Info.
wow have they ever heard the saying

sharing is caring
09:23 PM on 08/01/08
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Because it's the job of colleges to police illegal downloading...
09:25 PM on 08/01/08
readingliars
User Info.
meh
09:25 PM on 08/01/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Kids will find a way.

And if you haven't stopped using Limewire, then you should be picked up the RIAA.
09:27 PM on 08/01/08
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Kids will find a way.

And if you haven't stopped using Limewire, then you should be picked up the RIAA.

Oh they will, which is why it's pointless, a waste of money, unless it's the RIAA is funding it, but I'm assuming the costs will fall on students/states.

And yes anyone who didn't leave Limewire behind years ago deserves it.
09:35 PM on 08/01/08
ESundy36
GO FRIARS!
User Info.

A good friend of mine from school just downloaded Limewire. She called me after she downloaded one song and said she was afraid she might get in trouble, I think I laughed for a good 10 minutes.
09:37 PM on 08/01/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
there's both good and bad to this. won't make much of a difference, imo. and yeah, Limewire sucks hard.
09:38 PM on 08/01/08
Same
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My school blocks any sort of P2P traffic already so it's not like this is a new concept or anything. Yes, you are paying for the internet and should be able to do whatever you want but the school has to protect themselves as the RIAA has went after colleges before. It's like there are two sides and both are right.
09:39 PM on 08/01/08
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Oh they will, which is why it's pointless, a waste of money, unless it's the RIAA is funding it, but I'm assuming the costs will fall on students/states.

And yes anyone who didn't leave Limewire behind years ago deserves it.

word

I still love having people come into my job and going umm my computer is acting funny. And then all I have to do is go.Do you or anyone else in the house download music? And usally they all go yes and they they say we use this program called Limewire.And I got there is your problem.

Really I think anyone who uses that fucking program earned all those trojans and virus that are killing there computer. And they should remain limewire to viruswire.
09:39 PM on 08/01/08
x_yelle_x
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah they mentioned this today at orientation. i thought it was some kind of bluff, or maybe a threat. but i guess it's legit
09:42 PM on 08/01/08
SwishMX48
In December, drinkin' Horchata
User Info.
My school blocks any sort of P2P traffic already so it's not like this is a new concept or anything. Yes, you are paying for the internet and should be able to do whatever you want but the school has to protect themselves as the RIAA has went after colleges before. It's like there are two sides and both are right.

OU blocks/polices it too. A girl I was dating last year dled a song on Limewire in the dorms (even though I warned her not to) and her internet was disconnected within minutes. It was quite impressive actually.
09:43 PM on 08/01/08
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
ughhh
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music