AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Books News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Purpose For The Pain Excerpt

Posted by - 10:34 PM on 08/01/08
Renee from To Write Love On Her Arms has posted an except from the first page from her book, Purpose For The Pain. A video blog from her is also posted in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 79
10:35 PM on 08/01/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
10:49 PM on 08/01/08
anamericangod
User Info.
I didn't think much of the poetry selection, but I'm interested to see what this is like.
10:50 PM on 08/01/08
RememberFminus2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
her writing doesnt seem very good. not that thats the point, but you know.
12:03 AM on 08/02/08
MyNameIsRoss
This 'charity' doesn't make sense to me.
02:25 AM on 08/02/08
Clarity14
Name's Spiff. Spaceman Spiff.
User Info.
I didn't think much of the poetry selection, but I'm interested to see what this is like.

exactly what I had to say.
04:14 AM on 08/02/08
verity38
verity
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What part of this "Charity" doesn't make sense to you? I think its pretty easy to pick up the concept.
04:48 AM on 08/02/08
francescaa
User Info.

as sketchy charities go, I think this one is way up there and I don't feel the need to support anything that they do. if the girl wants to write a book then fair play to her, she's got an easy route to do so and a ready made audience. the poetry section looks dire though.
07:00 AM on 08/02/08
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
I'd want to check this out when it becomes available. It's pretty cool to see her doing things now knowing a little of where she was before.
07:25 AM on 08/02/08
losethegirl
Super Hero In My World
User Info.

as sketchy charities go, I think this one is way up there and I don't feel the need to support anything that they do. if the girl wants to write a book then fair play to her, she's got an easy route to do so and a ready made audience. the poetry section looks dire though.

From what I have come to understand from very reliable sources, this book is coming from Renee, NOT To Write Love On Her Arms. They're merely helping spread the word for her since they used her story as their beginning.

She wrote this book, she decided to publish it, she is the one who will be doing any promotional events behind it. 100% from her. They are just helping get the word out and making the book more available to people.
08:38 AM on 08/02/08
Johnnydcp
User Info.
I dont get it either. I dont even mean to be a jerk.
08:56 AM on 08/02/08
taylerx0
I'm ready, waiting on my ending.
User Info.
Eh. Anything having to do with TWLOHA makes me a little wary, to be honest.
10:59 AM on 08/02/08
airik625
-
User Info.
excerpt is spelled without the "r" Just thought you might like to know.
11:02 AM on 08/02/08
Reiver
Has Good Taste In Music
User Info.
This "charity" is pretty weird.. I think I read that only 10% (Maybe it was 25%, but still) makes it to actual hotlines and other resources... The rest of it goes to you know, expenses... like their house. and their bungalow. and their trips to the UK so they can spend 5 minutes reading a poem before Switchfoot goes on. It just seems ridiculous to me that everyone buys into it. And the fact that some of the money goes to faith-based charities irks me too.

I recently worked for a band on a charity tour for five months, and we gave HALF the money directly to the charity (I Have A Dream Foundation) we were trying to help out. And that's ALOT of money for a touring band to part ways with. This organization could be doing some pretty extraordinary things with that money, and i don't think they are.
11:11 AM on 08/02/08
HazeLitRise
i spit hot fire
User Info.
excerpt is spelled without the "r" Just thought you might like to know.

excerpt: a passage or quotation taken or selected from a book, document, film, or the like; extract.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos