Password

Album Review

Rediscover - Sleepless Nights Album Cover

Rediscover - Sleepless Nights

Reviewed by
Rediscover - Sleepless Nights
Record Label: None
Release Date: July 8, 2008
With the music industry going the way it is, more and more bands are being brought to finding new means of distributing their music, while still retaining some ownership of it. First, a little old band called Radiohead came along and released In Rainbows for whatever price the listener found necessary for it (including free) and so it all began. Bands are now giving their entire albums for the public ear to hear without giving any price to it, leaving there revenue in touring rather then CD sales. The latest band to do this is Rediscover, with their latest release of Sleepless Nights.

Within the first few seconds of Sleepless Nights, the listener can only think "Oh my God, I've found another scene band that loves auto-tune." While this statement may be true in the sense that Rediscover has some mad love for auto-tune, the attitude taken towards it shouldn't be anything less of ecstatic. Because by the time that you hear the first chorus of "I Will Forget You," the listener will be browsing every production website looking for the latest production software with auto-tune.

Rediscover are great at writing hooks, and being clever while doing it. Every song is littered with amazing vocal delivery and witty lyrics that can be distasteful while being instantly endearing: case in point, if you ever heard a band like Danger Radio, or Cute Is What We Aim For drop the 'F' bomb in one of their songs, you would be appalled. But when Rediscover do it, you can't help but sing it along and love every second of it. One of the strongest songs on Sleepless Nights is "Face Down," an ode to breaking free of parental supervision and meeting with the one you love. Paired with a catchy chorus and strong lyrics this song is instantly recognizable, and with a little censorship, ready to hit radio at any second.

Something that any band should be able to do is sound fun, to be able to capture the sound of a good time. This is definitely Rediscover's strongest point on Sleepless Nights: they can make music about being dumped and heartbroken sound like a party. Of course, what these boy's lack in maturity, they make up for in sheer charm and likability. Let these boys age a little bit, and they'll be your new favorite band, if they aren't already that is.

Recommended if You LikeThe Maine, Motion City Soundtrack, Forever the Sickest Kids, Backyard All Night Parties

myspace.com/rediscover
This review is a user submitted review from GlamourKillsUs. You can see all of GlamourKillsUs's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
08:14 AM on 08/04/08
PANIC!_poppunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think they are great. hellogoodbye are really popular and they are basically the same. it sucks to think these guys arent bigger considering they do what they do a LOT better than some out there.
11:00 AM on 08/04/08
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band is awesome. Their live set is amazing to. I saw them last year at Warped Tour when they were giving away their EP away for free on PureVolume. They are a great fun band and I agree that when they say fuck you want to yell along with it. Such a fun record
12:27 PM on 08/04/08
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
I downloaded this but i couldn't stand to listen to it more than once. I want to like them, but the vocoded vocals get obnoxious to me. I had their purevolume EP and i gave that a shot too- same situation. I feel like I would enjoy them more if I was younger- their lyrical content seems geared towards high schoolers. All in all I would have scored it lower.
12:17 AM on 08/05/08
superboyprime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cant help but sing along to their songs
01:01 PM on 08/05/08
selectreset
User Info.
I love this album.
04:31 PM on 08/14/08
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I downloaded the free ep two years ago listened to a few times, then forgot I had it until this review. I just deleted it. Oh shit I just found the free album, I forgot I downloaded that, just skimmed through it, that's gone also. Thanks for helping free up some space.
06:58 PM on 08/14/08
bloodyr0mance87
User Info.
based on what i hear on myspace, these guys need so stop using a vocoder and they would probably be ok. nothing out of this world, but they would at least be fun in that FTSK way. the vocorder just kills it, imo.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos