AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Sayrelin - We've Come to the Conclusion... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 5.5
Production 6
Creativity 6.25
Lasting Value 6.75
Reviewer Tilt 6
Final Verdict: 63%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Sayrelin - We've Come to the Conclusion...

Reviewed by: AP_Punk (08/02/08)
Sayrelin - We've Come to the Conclusion...
Record Label: None
Release Date: 2008

Who?

Formed back in 2005 in a basement in Middlesex, New Jersey, Sayrelin are a melodic, piano-drive rock band who just wanna have fun like Cyndi Lauper. The band is made up of Matthew Lewandowski (lead vocals, keys), Ian Lewandowski (guitar, vocals), Steve Mesa (drums) and Danny Correia (bass). Their energetic live shows have won crowds over and even landed them a spot on Warped Tour.

How is it?

We've Come to the Conclusion... is their debut EP, produced and mixed by Rob Freeman and it's a nice debut for the up-and-coming band. The release starts off strong with "Make It Happen", showcasing the piano infused pop rock sound they do so well. "Forever in Pieces" is also another tune that will grab your attention from the start with it's synth lines throughout. The melodies stick and the vocals from Matthew Lewandowski and Ian Lewandowski work well together when the songs build up. The song "The Stunner" somewhat brings the album down for me with its sexist "I'm-a-nice-sensitive-guy-but-girls-are-evil-and-treat-me-like-crap" lyrics, and that's something about all this pop rock music that rubs me the wrong way. It would've been nice to hear about something different or maybe the same subject, but from a different perspective. And it's not just that song that paints paints the opposite sex in a bad way, it's sprinkled here and there throughout most of the other songs. Leave all that stuff to The Maine and CIWWAF, guys. "Thanking You for a Job Well Done" wraps up the EP with its heavy but catchy guitars and drums pounding away and shout-along vocals that fade out towards the end. I look forward to hearing more from these guys, and hopefully on their next release they can improve in the lyrics department, which is the only problem I see so far. Thank you, Sayrelin, for an EP well done.

Recommended if You LikeCute is What We Aim For, The Maine

myspace.com/sayrelin

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS