Username
Password

08:06 AM on 08/21/04 
User Info.
oreo_emokid89
heres your fucking chorus
Harrisburg PA
24 Years Old
i own a PS2 and up untill recently i was a madden child, that is, i would only by Madden Football (ever since 64 came out) but when Madden came out i decided to read some video game reviews to see some of the new features of madden and i also read some ESPN 2k5 reviews and i saw that ESPN is pretty much equal to Madden and only 20 bucks. So i picked up ESPN and I love it. The controlls are similar to madden so it didnt take that much getting used to. I still swear by Madden, but maybe from now on I'll pick up ESPN 2k5 too...does anyone else have this game? And what do you think?
03:24 PM on 08/21/04 
User Info.
still_life
this is the moment
Pittsburgh
Male - 27 Years Old
Same situation here. I've bought Madden for years, but I'm buying 2k5 this week.
03:28 PM on 08/21/04 
User Info.
BuriedAlive
We want football!
Sarasota, Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
i bought 2k on sega dreamcast. ever since there ive liked it more than madden. its just me probably, but eh maybe not.
12:22 PM on 08/23/04 
User Info.
The Don
No Avatar Selected
Male - 32 Years Old
The 2K series has always (in my opinion) been the supreme football video game. Madden is a great game, but the only reason it outsells 2K is because of its name.
04:35 PM on 08/29/04 
User Info.
BuriedAlive
We want football!
Sarasota, Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by walls so thick
The training to this game is a bitch. Anybody have any good training programs and/or tips?
what training?
10:10 AM on 08/30/04 
User Info.
vintagepunk
I got that new jackgroove
Ohio
Male - 27 Years Old
i turn training off it only makes my team worse. Whats everyones record for sacks in 1 season of franchise mode? I got 71.5 sacks with gerard warren whos not even that great of a player. hes on the browns.
11:52 AM on 08/30/04 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
madden 2005 for life...or until next year.

I still want to get this game but I am die-hard EA SPORTS so I doubt I will be won over.

-drew-
03:43 PM on 08/30/04 
User Info.
Averagekid15
I'm the white Larry Bird
Originally Posted by drudo182
madden 2005 for life...or until next year.

I still want to get this game but I am die-hard EA SPORTS so I doubt I will be won over.

-drew-

Same here. i had the choice between Madden for $40 and 2k5 for $25 and i still chose Madden. the game is awesome and Madden rules!
06:05 AM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
turtlefootrx
glazed like a donut.
kalamazoo, mi
Male - 28 Years Old
ive played both games...

nothing has changed much in madden 05 from last year really except the franchise mode is much more detailed.

2k5 is much better in my opinion and is a breath of fresh air from the madden titles. but if you are gonna play it, play it on xbox. its much much better
09:00 AM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
Boston
Male - 26 Years Old
ive always liked the 2k series better than the ea sports games, except in one department: hockey. ea does hockey a hell of a lot better. since the ESPN's are only $20, i think im going out to buy NFL soon
12:08 PM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
BuriedAlive
We want football!
Sarasota, Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by turtlefootrx
ive played both games...

nothing has changed much in madden 05 from last year really except the franchise mode is much more detailed.

2k5 is much better in my opinion and is a breath of fresh air from the madden titles. but if you are gonna play it, play it on xbox. its much much better
no way. the ps2 controls are so much better. In the epsn/sega series it is played alot better on the ps2 than xbox. the bulky controllers are hard for some of the d-line moves... on ps2 they are all right there on the top of the controller... keep in mind ive played them both more than 40 hours and trust me ps2 is better... don't bash me for my opinion... just give me yours! :)
12:59 PM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
turtlefootrx
glazed like a donut.
kalamazoo, mi
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by BuriedAlive
no way. the ps2 controls are so much better. In the epsn/sega series it is played alot better on the ps2 than xbox. the bulky controllers are hard for some of the d-line moves... on ps2 they are all right there on the top of the controller... keep in mind ive played them both more than 40 hours and trust me ps2 is better... don't bash me for my opinion... just give me yours! :)

no way man. the controls may be better, but theres alot on the xbox version that you dont get on the ps2.
01:02 PM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
turtlefootrx
glazed like a donut.
kalamazoo, mi
Male - 28 Years Old
these are from a yahoo news review about both games...to show you what i mean:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...football_rdp_5

" You can then load and play against your own VIP profile, practice against a friend's profile, or download an opponent's VIP profile from Microsoft's Xbox Live online service to get a glimpse of their playing strategies. It's the closest any game as come to mimicking human playing tendencies."

" A polygonal Chris Berman hosts halftime and postgame shows with video highlights on the Xbox (news - web sites) and freeze-frame photos of key plays on the less-powerful PlayStation 2 (news - web sites) and GameCube consoles."

and the graphics look a hell of alot better on xbox
01:14 PM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
BuriedAlive
We want football!
Sarasota, Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by turtlefootrx
no way man. the controls may be better, but theres alot on the xbox version that you dont get on the ps2.
yeah, but half of it doesnt even come into play with me besides the soundtrack... all i play is franchise and the actual games. the rest i dont bother with... so i guess that is why...
03:46 PM on 08/31/04 
User Info.
turtlefootrx
glazed like a donut.
kalamazoo, mi
Male - 28 Years Old
haha okay ill give you that. all the songs on 2k5 are generic versions of real songs...sad really. but funny none the less. the thing i dislike the most aboot 2k5 is the 'pimp my crib' thing. aaaaaaaaahhahahaha it cracks me up intensly. i havent played an in depth franchise on madden yet so i guess i cant really say too much on that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets