Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

02:52 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
Before you request something, see if any of these links do anything for you.

B-Sides 'R' Us - Official b-sides blog. Ten or so of us b-side thread regulars run it and it's got quite a bit of stuff.

File2HD - This is a really cool site that lets you download any song of myspace (and if you know your stuff, any other site as well.) Also, a new feature - you can download the original files, too (if you're not in the US.) That means that you don't get shitty 96kbps stream rips, but you get the original file the band uploaded. Pretty cool, right? If you're not in the US, then don't fret, you can still use this. Just see the next little bullet.

Sexual Injection - Ignore the name, this is a decent internet proxy. Why would I have this on the first post, you ask? Well, if you type in "http://www.file2hd.com", you can download the original, high-quality files no matter where you're from. When your browser asks you to save the file, it will probably give the file the name "index.php". Just remember to change that to "whatever the song title is.mp3" and you should be good to go.

Zamzar - Allows you to convert between file types without downloading a program. Especially useful for stealing the audio from a Youtube video. What higher quality mp3's? Download the original file with Keepvid and use Zamzar to convert the download file to mp3.

Audacity - Records anything that comes out of your speakers. For example, say you want a song that a band has put up on Purevolume but you don't know any way to get it. Use Audacity as your last resort - just hit record and play the song, and you're good to go. This doesn't just record the song, though - if you click anything or make any other noise on your PC, Audacity will record that, too. Also a very simple audio editing tool.

WinRar - Use this program to open any .rar or .zip files that you can't get open. Mostly all uploads in this thread use the .rar format, so I highly suggest you get it. REMINDER: WINRAR IS FOR PC USERS ONLY! If you're on a Mac, then you'll want to use StuffIt.

Peewee's Acoustics & Rarities - Great blog run by an occasional member of the b-sides thread. Want good quality rips? Look no further.

Kevin Devine Rarities
- A large amount of KevDev songs in one spot, also run by an occasional member of the b-sides thread.

Also, before you request, remember that good ol' J Tate put a "Search This Thread" function up in the upper-right hand corner of your page, underneath the page numbers.

The old thread can be found here: http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=316273

Now let's get this rollin'.
02:57 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
OveriseFan
is not Oversized...
New Jersey
Male
Yeah! New b-sides thread!
03:02 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
Dirty Albany
Male - 22 Years Old
woo!
03:04 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
Just to get it out of the way:

"Check the blog."

I'd also like to say that it is awesome to be the one to have started the new thread and that all you guys are awesome for putting this together and sharing everything so generously.
03:07 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
Tampa, Florida
Male - 24 Years Old
Andy Hull - Blood in your mouth?
03:09 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
Fantastic first request. I don't have the version that was on his myspace, but I have a rip from the ZIA records show.
03:12 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
TellYourFriends
The Bad Guy
Lexington, KY
Male - 27 Years Old
Does anyone know the full set list for Kevine Devine on XFM where he plays Jesus Christ? I've got two songs from it and wondered if there were more. The quality is outstanding.
03:17 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
There's Jesus, Bird On A Wire (Lenoard Cohen cover), Brooklyn Boy and Tomorrow's Just Too Late that were posted on his myspace. He played 8 songs and The Biggest Lie (Elliott Smith) was also played (I heard it streaming on the XFM site once - the quality is awful).

So there's 5 songs. I have Brooklyn Boy and Tomorrow's Just Too Late in 320 and Jesus and Bird On A Wire in 96kbps (from before the MySpace "HQ").
03:21 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
josh8282
I feel so L.M.N.O.P.
UK
Male - 25 Years Old
This must be my 8th or 9th B-side thread
03:22 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
Tampa, Florida
Male - 24 Years Old
Fantastic first request. I don't have the version that was on his myspace, but I have a rip from the ZIA records show.

I want the one that was posted on his myspace, but thank you though!
03:27 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
I done a couple of Google searches when I found out about it, but I've had no luck.
03:31 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
Dirty Albany
Male - 22 Years Old
I have it. Look for the re-post

Andy Hull- Blood In Your Mouth (Colour Revolt Cover)
03:32 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
ikoriH
No Avatar Selected
Could we possibly have a re-cap of the rules for the new comers?
03:36 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
nizzlefoshizzle
Sweet! Coins!
Columbia, MD
Male - 31 Years Old
I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it again.

Brand New - House of Blues 8.1.08 Last 3 Songs of Set
03:36 PM on 08/08/08 
User Info.
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
Male - 25 Years Old
"out of print albums, b-sides, demos, good quality live sets, audio rips of Live DVD's, acoustics, special edition or re-release bonus tracks, etc. What you won't find here are full in-print albums, album leaks, new song rips, b-sides albums, or anything else that can be bought."

Is that cool? Obviously, I took that from the blog, lol. But I'd say the same rules apply and to use your best judgment.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos