AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24
10:47 PM on 08/13/08
TheBaroness
User Info.
I just listened again on myspace, it's actually not bad, the music is great, it's just the vocals are mixed far too loud and are extemely monotonous which kills the beauty of the music.

agree 100%, it's very badly mixed

this is the disappointment of the year so far for me
04:17 AM on 08/14/08
DogSizedBird
User Info.
It's all about preference. I don't scoff at you for liking it, it's just a matter of if you like vocals being added or not.

very true.
05:46 AM on 08/14/08
xglassjawx
Sergio Georgini
User Info.
Uh, did I not make it clear that it sounded like every other metal album I've heard? I thought I drove that point the most. How are you supposed to describe a metal album as an uninitiated listener and a thorough disapprover?

Do they sound like Darkest Hour?

It couldn't be any further away from being metal haha. It's not really driven by "hook" ish riffs or solos or doubles bass pedals.
05:47 AM on 08/14/08
xglassjawx
Sergio Georgini
User Info.
agree 100%, it's very badly mixed

this is the disappointment of the year so far for me

I actually really love the ott production. It makes the album sound huuge. Cannot wait for the vinyl release.
04:07 PM on 08/14/08
atw
shit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah don't really understand the review. The whole "it sounds like every other metal" thing is bullshit to me. Does it sound like Between The Buried And Me? Does it sound like Black Dahlia Murder? Does it sound like Poison? You forget how absolutely massive the metal genre is and the fact that you try to pin this release down like that makes you look EXTREMELY lazy and an incompetent reviewer. You don't comment on any of the musicianship, the song writing or any other real aspects. Other then you don't like the vocals(personal preference) I don't see any real reviewing here. The bands you compare the album too aren't metal either. Far from it. Maybe you should have passed this onto someone else to review instead of cheesing it and going on a personal tirade against the vocalist and his lyrics, which I happened to like.
05:47 PM on 08/14/08
Trent Powers
User Info.
Great album. Shitty review.

Uh, did I not make it clear that it sounded like every other metal album I've heard? I thought I drove that point the most. How are you supposed to describe a metal album as an uninitiated listener and a thorough disapprover?

What CD does What You Were sound like? I would really love to hear it.
11:15 PM on 08/14/08
ocularbear
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
First off, this record is amazing. This review was VERY disappointing. Anyone who reads this walks away with no idea what the record sounds like, every other metal band you've heard? DUDE, how many metal bands have you heard? Are you kidding me? This whole review sounds like the reviewer has some vendetta against the band, have you nothing to say except rip against the vocals and say how it sounds like "every other metal band"? BULLSHIT. I took nothing away from it at all except the need to register to this site to post how completely ridiculous this is. NORTH is an incredible band, very young as well with a bright future ahead of them in my opinion. I love their old stuff as well but you can't seriously say that this band hasn't stepped it up completely with the musicianship on the new record. I thing the vocals add a great depth to this band and separates them from the onslaught of post-rock/sludge/doom metal bands out there now that are a dime a dozen. Please Scott Irvine, in the future pass titles like this along to someone who will give the audience a glimpse of what they can expect when they pop in a disc, you know, a REVIEW??????
01:03 PM on 09/04/09
metasound
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Record is great. Band is great live. This review sounds like it was written by a high school student who doesn't understand the first thing about reviews or music in general and really should be scoffing at himself for allowing this piece of writing to exist. Welp, that's all.
12:50 PM on 05/09/10
KillYourFase
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These dudes are starting to work on a new one. STOKED!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos