02:22 PM on 08/18/08
BulleTheory
User Info.
love this band, i still think their demo ep is my favorite though
02:41 PM on 08/18/08
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.

FTW. Lagrange Points is the best post-rock album released this year...and how dope is it that Mooncake is from Russia.
02:53 PM on 08/18/08
Trent Powers
User Info.
Blake, pleeeeease re-review North's new album What You Were
03:30 PM on 08/18/08
updownleftright
grant.
User Info.
haha those first few sentences apply perfectly. along with saxon shore, i group these four main bands into a significantly different type of instrumentation.
04:40 PM on 08/18/08
ActorInThisPlay
so sexy it hurts...
User Info.
great review...I am loving this album.
04:57 PM on 08/18/08
Gustavatron.
9:13
User Info.
FTW. Lagrange Points is the best post-rock album released this year...and how dope is it that Mooncake is from Russia.
Lagrange Points is awesome, just below This Will Destroy You, and just above pg.lost for me. Your avatar is awesome, as well.

I really liked this album on first listen, and I'll definitely go back to it really soon. I listened to The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place four times this day, and I guess this album continues the trend.
09:43 PM on 08/18/08
randall814
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks, holmes. Where is this "here" that you speak of?

The here is ap.net in general.
09:44 PM on 08/18/08
randall814
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

agreed on all counts.
11:56 PM on 08/18/08
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.
Lagrange Points is awesome, just below This Will Destroy You, and just above pg.lost for me. Your avatar is awesome, as well.

I really liked this album on first listen, and I'll definitely go back to it really soon. I listened to The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place four times this day, and I guess this album continues the trend.

Thanks, man, about the avatar. I've been a fan of Maserati for quite some time. Way back to their unfortunately now oop debut (they hate it now so I doubt it will ever be repressed). I actually got their split with The Mercury Program and ended up liking The MP more. Ha ha.

Yeah, I love both the TWDY and pg.lost releases. The latter is from your neck of the woods, eh?

And who doesn't love listened to TEINaCDP four times in a day? The production alone is orgasmic. I didn't like how Congleton forefronted the drums on All of a Sudden..., though. They sound too loud and clunky. Maybe that's just me.
02:38 PM on 08/19/08
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
I JUST wrote a review about this a few weeks ago...gotta edit it though ha.

good stuff blake
08:29 AM on 08/20/08
Gustavatron.
9:13
User Info.
Thanks, man, about the avatar. I've been a fan of Maserati for quite some time. Way back to their unfortunately now oop debut (they hate it now so I doubt it will ever be repressed). I actually got their split with The Mercury Program and ended up liking The MP more. Ha ha.

Yeah, I love both the TWDY and pg.lost releases. The latter is from your neck of the woods, eh?

And who doesn't love listened to TEINaCDP four times in a day? The production alone is orgasmic. I didn't like how Congleton forefronted the drums on All of a Sudden..., though. They sound too loud and clunky. Maybe that's just me.
I've actually only heard Inventions For The New Seasons, and I only got into it recently, but that album is definitely awesome. One of my favourite bands on TRL, and there are a lot to choose from there.

Oh yes, they're from my town. They're playing a show here in september that's still unnanounced on their MySpace for some reason. Like they'd leave all the wordspreading to me. o-o Either way, yes, pg.lost is undoubtedly the best Swedish post-rock I've heard so far.

It's just such a good album.
They do seem clanky, now that you mention it (and coincidentally I'm listening to it), but the album has some pretty awesome songs that couldn't possibly be ruined.
09:47 PM on 08/20/08
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
ugh. they, the undeserving is one of my favorite post rock records ever and this is so far my largest disappointment of 2008.
01:49 PM on 05/09/10
KillYourFase
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great record.
02:47 AM on 04/01/11
evvandflow
full of shit and free beer
User Info.
luv it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News