Username
Password
Set Your Goals News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Set Your Goals
Inside AP.net

Set Your Goals Moving On Up?

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (08/18/08)
WorldMovesFast.com is reporting that Set Your Goals' contract with Eulogy was bought out for $125,000.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 82
04:12 PM on 08/18/08
Jason Tate
User Info.
Look forward to whatever they do next - great young band.

I've heard they've been bought out -- but not for that amount.
04:15 PM on 08/18/08
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
yeah this been a long time coming
04:15 PM on 08/18/08
Mynor
I'm sleeping away the century
User Info.
I can't wait for their next album!!
04:18 PM on 08/18/08
joecrabbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't help but feel like this might really set the band back a few steps, in this day and age where labels are cutting costs left and right, I can't imagine someone stepping up and paying the buy out back (it was privately bought out, not by a label) and all the recording, marketing etc costs.

I lurk another message board where Jordan posted the following which is what made me write the above:
Jordan Brown

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm Post subject: these were not sent as bragging rights. please do not buy eulogy records, do not by set your goals merch from eulogy's e-store. john has made an untraceable amount of money off of syg's music and will continue to do so. we have never seen a dime. i have always said from day one that i don't do any of this for money, and i do not. but it does not sit well with me the amount of money he has kept from us (and many other bands). i could careless about seeing any of that money for myself, but i would rather it be with somebody or another band who deserves it more than john wylie does. we cannot regain control of our mutiny cd; the reset songs we will get back in another 3 years. for now he continues to milk set your goals for what he can.

also, yes. this does put more pressure on the band to write and release another record. this shit sucks. these are things that can make you question trying to turn a band into a serious thing, and i have questioned it all summer. i am excited to be home and away from set your goals and eulogy for an over-due hiatus, and i hope out of all this we can get some more songs to those who also have feelings invested into set your goals.

i want for syg to be able to release another cd, but if it is forced in any way by money or anything at all, it will not feel the same.

please disregard the unearth statement. i do not know that for fact and should not have mentioned that.
04:19 PM on 08/18/08
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
they do it for the money

obviously
04:19 PM on 08/18/08
morebreakdowns
mo money mo problems
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Look forward to whatever they do next - great young band.

yeah they are. pretty much my favorite band of all time.

if the band wants to sign with another hardcore label, it should be be bridge 9. they have done wonders for bands out there that have had label issues in the past(H2O, Crime In Stereo, New Found Glory).
04:25 PM on 08/18/08
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
EDIT: nevermind....
04:26 PM on 08/18/08
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I didn't think they were worth that much. Whatevs though I just hope the next album is solid.
04:27 PM on 08/18/08
sarahbell1219
damnant quod non intelligunt.
User Info.
whatever set your goals does- i have no doubt that they will do it for the right reasons. i have not believed in a band so much in such a long time. i am cannot wait to see what they do next.
04:27 PM on 08/18/08
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
how old is matt?
04:28 PM on 08/18/08
punkguy031
Follow me on Twitter: @mikeziemer
User Info.
sad post
04:29 PM on 08/18/08
morebreakdowns
mo money mo problems
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
whatever set your goals does- i have no doubt that they will do it for the right reasons. i have not believed in a band so much in such a long time. i am cannot wait to see what they do next.

agreed. one of the most sincere bands today.
04:30 PM on 08/18/08
jhennis
John Wallin'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
band is not that good. very overrated
04:30 PM on 08/18/08
CheChe1455
User Info.
I can't help but feel like this might really set the band back a few steps, in this day and age where labels are cutting costs left and right, I can't imagine someone stepping up and paying the buy out back (it was privately bought out, not by a label) and all the recording, marketing etc costs.

I lurk another message board where Jordan posted the following which is what made me write the above:
Jordan Brown

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm Post subject: these were not sent as bragging rights. please do not buy eulogy records, do not by set your goals merch from eulogy's e-store. john has made an untraceable amount of money off of syg's music and will continue to do so. we have never seen a dime. i have always said from day one that i don't do any of this for money, and i do not. but it does not sit well with me the amount of money he has kept from us (and many other bands). i could careless about seeing any of that money for myself, but i would rather it be with somebody or another band who deserves it more than john wylie does. we cannot regain control of our mutiny cd; the reset songs we will get back in another 3 years. for now he continues to milk set your goals for what he can.

also, yes. this does put more pressure on the band to write and release another record. this shit sucks. these are things that can make you question trying to turn a band into a serious thing, and i have questioned it all summer. i am excited to be home and away from set your goals and eulogy for an over-due hiatus, and i hope out of all this we can get some more songs to those who also have feelings invested into set your goals.

i want for syg to be able to release another cd, but if it is forced in any way by money or anything at all, it will not feel the same.

please disregard the unearth statement. i do not know that for fact and should not have mentioned that.

some stop feeling love for all the places they come from.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums