AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Us Against the Archers - Creating Our Universe Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.5
Production 9
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 87%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Us Against the Archers - Creating Our Universe

Reviewed by: Kbm600 (08/23/08)
Us Against the Archers - Creating Our Universe
Record Label: Topshelf Records
Release Date: August 19, 2008

Feeling drab, down in the ditches that summer's coming to a close? Nothing getting you up off your bottom and causing you to jump around in excitement anymore?

Feel no fear, Us Against the Archers have come out with their debut release Creating Our Universe to make that happen.

Hailing from Massachusetts, Us Against the Archers waste no time in making sure to sweep you off your feet to the rhythm of pulsing guitars and soaring vocals. "For Those of Us Who Still Dream" guarantees that with an extra punch of dual vocals towards the end compliments of Rob Kapitzky and Tony DiSanto ensure that you're hooked by the end of the ride. "The Greatest Lie Ever Told" doesn't let up with positive-conquer-anything lyrics and a breakdown at the end for good measure of what Archers are capable of.

"Escape This!" starts out normally with vocals almost comparable to The Sleeping and pounding drums and guitars playing along with fine lyrics: "I only take as much as I've given. But you've bored me to my bones. And yes I've got to be honest, this shit wasn't worth it." It's obvious these boys aren't letting anything hold them back. Opening perfectly into the next track, "The Hands" features Archers getting poppier than they have on most of the record thus far, but with the sweet but short solo at the end, it's all the worth listening to.

Coming upon to the last track is bittersweet, not quite wanting to be through with the CD but anxious to hear more, "The Weight of the World" blasts off with an explosive screams and brutal lyrics. The listener is fooled through most part of the song because it simply feels as though it's building energy for something more than the chorus can provide. Luckily at the end of the song, echoing screams and loud instrumentals sound out the message of the song, "The weight of the world, can you feel it?"

All things considered, Us Against the Archers have put a solid debut out on Topshelf records. Creating Our Universe does not disappoint if you're looking for a record that picks you up off your feet, and never really slows to consider anything that might bring you down. It's an uplifting experience, but it would be nice for Archers to become a little more experimental in future releases or they’ll become stuck with the rosters of pop-punk bands that can’t branch out. They've got the potential, but they haven't quite created their universe yet.

Recommended if You Likenon-relenting energetic pop rock; The Sleeping; The Secret Lives! of the Freemasons

myspace.com/usagainstthearchers

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
11:10 AM on 03/19/09
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Love this album.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News