AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

MTV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

FNMTV Behind the Scenes

Posted by - 12:01 PM on 08/27/08
James Montgomery writes about what he's learned so far from FNMTV, whether it be about All Time Low's "shameless aping of basically every Blink-182 video every made minus, you know, all the clever bits", Vampire Weekend's inability to be interesting on TV, or even the fact that Beyonce's dad wants to kick his ass, and more in this week's Bigger Than the Sound.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 86
12:04 PM on 08/27/08
lbopm
catch phrase
User Info.
so i'm not the only person tired of their videos...
12:07 PM on 08/27/08
samsara
Love.
User Info.
yay its over!

i hope
12:09 PM on 08/27/08
ParkwayDrive
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All time low sucks.. Sorry for the truth
12:09 PM on 08/27/08
Yes. And?
♥ break in stereo.
User Info.
This show is so bad. It's pretty much TRL, Pt. II.
12:11 PM on 08/27/08
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
I love ATL, but I agree with him about the video. I was so disappointed when I saw it.
12:17 PM on 08/27/08
ikikwe
I'm looking for the upsides
User Info.
Jesus Christ, Poppin' is such an atrocious video.
sometimesnj327
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh yeah that blink 182 video with them at the strip club trying to win the girl... oh yeah and that one with the karaoke contest...

imagine two bands (years apart) having the same sense of humor... and one being influenced by the other... thats called honoring/influencing, not stealing

i hate hit the lights cus they have zombies in their video, like michael jackson, they are just trying to be like him... wtf are u people kidding me

the music still has to be decent, and atl is representing pop punk in the mainstream until fall out boy's album drops...
oh...rly
User Info.
"Lil' Wayne's hair smells like a mixture of stubbed-out Phillies Blunts and a gallon of cough syrup. I wish I were making this up."

"Wayne has "extra-sensory perception ... like the 'hood Yoda."

Two best lines in the article
12:21 PM on 08/27/08
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
User Info.
Lindsey Lohan is a lesbian?!
12:21 PM on 08/27/08
oh...rly
User Info.
imagine two bands (years apart) having the same sense of humor... and one being influenced by the other... thats called honoring/influencing, not stealing

No that video was All The Small Things, Part II. They completely stole all the ideas from the Blink video.

i hate hit the lights cus they have zombies in their video, like michael jackson, they are just trying to be like him... wtf are u people kidding me

Hit the Lights had one zombie, while "Thriller" had a group of zombies doing a choreographed dance. They are nothing alike.
12:24 PM on 08/27/08
mel9298
User Info.
I thought it was a pointless show.
And the most dissapointing part was when The Cab premiered their video... and didn't get to say one word into their microphones, even though "they are Pete Wentz's favourite new band" or whatever. But I thought We The Kings had a good performance.
12:24 PM on 08/27/08
ikikwe
I'm looking for the upsides
User Info.

There's a thin line between being influenced by and completely ripping off. Watch "Poppin'" and then watch "All The Small Things" and/or "Man Overboard." The similarities are blatant. Dressing up to make fun of celebrities, midgets, dance routines, glorified versions of themselves. Need I go on?

Believe me, I enjoy All Time Low too, but holy shit.

But oh hey, you live in Hawthorne. What's up?
12:25 PM on 08/27/08
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
oh yeah that blink 182 video with them at the strip club trying to win the girl... oh yeah and that one with the karaoke contest...

the music still has to be decent, and atl is representing pop punk in the mainstream until fall out boy's album drops...

lol wut
12:25 PM on 08/27/08
alltimecam
hi
User Info.
that was a good read

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles