Male - 26 Years Old
i'm excited and angry at the same time.
11:46 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
Boba Fett and Han Solo stand alone films?

Quote:
Well, it looks like the rumors are beginning to take shape. Entertainment Weekly is citing sources at Lucasfilm and Disney who say two of the first STAR WARS standalone movies will focus on Han Solo and Boba Fett. This does not dispel the possibility of a Yoda movie, but EW has some good details on what these films will focus on. Here are the details:

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between REVENGE OF THE SITH and A NEW HOPE, so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, or between EMPIRE and RETURN OF THE JEDI, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.

Either way, EW cites their source says these details are very preliminary and may change, but this is awesome news. Both projects sound like they would be awesome and there is a tone of expanded universe comics and novels to inform both of these projects.

The story also states the timing of these projects is intentional. Placing them during the original trilogy time period allows for Disney and Lucasfilm to use Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt despite both dying at the end of RETURN OF THE JEDI.

Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinsberg are in fact drafting these projects now as well as working with Michael Arndt on EPISODE VII. No directors have been named yet nor release dates aside from sometime before 2021. But, they are happening people! Now, lets start dream casting!
11:53 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Who else could play Han Solo?
12:01 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
I could be way off here, but does Marvel Studios' plan for their franchises (Phase 1, 2, 3, and beyond) and the successful branching off (thus far) of those franchises have anything to do with the sudden willingness to similarly experiment with Star Wars as well? Just seems like something new the studios are attempting (though again, I could be way off here).
12:39 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
01:16 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
@asrvtnik
Westfield, MA
Female - 21 Years Old
Who else could play Han Solo?

Watch the trilogy I got you become completely useless
01:35 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Watch the trilogy I got you become completely useless
I might as well throw the books out or burn them like Darth Vader
07:06 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
i'd be okay with this.
07:35 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
spiffa0
The Low-Cal Calzone Zone
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
The book is heavy on the main characters from the original trilogy though. I'd find it weird recasting their characters.
11:53 AM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
skibby15
Registered Member
The Hoosier State
Male - 24 Years Old
Huffington Post ‏@HuffingtonPost
William Shatner: J.J. Abrams is "being a pig" http://huff.to/12LzYDu
12:28 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Never have understood the divisiveness of Star Trek and Star Wars, at least among fans of the two who swear allegiance to one or the other. Apart from taking place in outer space there's really no major similarities at all.
12:43 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
\
Neverland
Male
Shatner just might be out of touch on this one. Unless there are some pissed off Star Trek fans out there and I'm naive to it.
01:05 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
wileythekid
Richmond, Virginia
Male - 20 Years Old
Shatner was joking
02:09 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone recommend watching The Clone Wars series? Watched the first one a while back and never really felt like carrying on, but I've heard it's actually good.
04:04 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
@asrvtnik
Westfield, MA
Female - 21 Years Old
Yeah I've only watched the first season and a half and really liked it, but then stopped for whatever reason. I've heard the past season is amazing with how they're developing Maul so I'd recommend it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos