Username
Password

12:08 PM on 11/28/11 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
I'm interested in this, because I like eating food a lot, and would love to learn how to actually prepare good meals.
Would that be enough to maybe enroll in culinary arts after I graduate just to learn? Or should I just settle for Food Network lessons?
I know it would probably be difficult, but it has peaked my interest for a little while.
12:43 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
kdefrisc
I love whisks
Berkeley, CA
Female - 26 Years Old
I guess I am then. Le sad face. If anyone is interested in this, it's challenging but a lot of fun. It sure as hell beats sitting in a lecture hall with some professor lecturing for hours on end.

Ahh yeah I wish I was where you are. I'm currently working and saving money for culinary school, and I'm in that weird place where I'm deciding between going and just working my way up and getting experience. Although I'm looking to go for pastry which I feel has some techniques for which culinary school would be invaluable.

How are you finding it so far?
07:09 AM on 12/06/11 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm interested in this, because I like eating food a lot, and would love to learn how to actually prepare good meals.
Would that be enough to maybe enroll in culinary arts after I graduate just to learn? Or should I just settle for Food Network lessons?
I know it would probably be difficult, but it has peaked my interest for a little while.

That's all the experience I had going in. You will have a tough time and you will feel like an idiot when half of your class is well experienced and already kicks ass in a professional kitchen. There are lots of oppurtunites that come from a culinary degree not necessarily just kitchen work. I say give it a go.

Ahh yeah I wish I was where you are. I'm currently working and saving money for culinary school, and I'm in that weird place where I'm deciding between going and just working my way up and getting experience. Although I'm looking to go for pastry which I feel has some techniques for which culinary school would be invaluable.

How are you finding it so far?

You have heard of Canadore College's culinary arts program? It's fantastic, the chefs I work under are incredibly talented. Culinary school would be valuable for pastry, I have a lot of trouble with pastry still but I'm improving. I say go for it, it's an incredible program and if you already have industry experience, that will definetly helps you. I went in without any experience and am now doing fairly well. Go for it, if you have any more questions about it ask away on here.
12:22 PM on 12/06/11 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
That's all the experience I had going in. You will have a tough time and you will feel like an idiot when half of your class is well experienced and already kicks ass in a professional kitchen. There are lots of oppurtunites that come from a culinary degree not necessarily just kitchen work. I say give it a go.

I feel like an idiot on a daily basis, I think I can handle the challenge, haha. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think I'll definitely keep this option open. Glad you went for it even if you only had a little bit of experience.
06:47 PM on 12/06/11 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel like an idiot on a daily basis, I think I can handle the challenge, haha. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think I'll definitely keep this option open. Glad you went for it even if you only had a little bit of experience.

I've gotten a lot better now too after only a semester. You just need to keep up with your theory classes as well, attendance is key to this program.
01:47 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I've passed first semester, I cut it pretty close with a few courses.
12:12 PM on 12/28/11 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
I would have liked to maybe be a chef, but I want my nights and weekends
09:15 PM on 12/29/11 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I would have liked to maybe be a chef, but I want my nights and weekends

Yeah this is gonna suck. We're all a bunch of social outcasts in the kitchen but we still like to party.
06:48 AM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
kwsqd
love has torn us apart
Reading, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I think I may go to culinary school after I'm done with my BS.
12:28 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
kdefrisc
I love whisks
Berkeley, CA
Female - 26 Years Old
I think I may go to culinary school after I'm done with my BS.

What are you studying?
08:55 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
kwsqd
love has torn us apart
Reading, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
What are you studying?

Dual major in business and philosophy
05:21 PM on 01/04/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
Second semester starts soon. I am pretty pumped. We get to work in a larger production kitchen this semester. Very stoked.
03:04 PM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
MacyCakes
KCK
Male
I plan on attending Culinary Arts next fall. Our chef at work is 4 star and went through it all, apprenticed in the French Quarter. Culinary Arts is an amazing program if taken seriously. Doesn't just allow you to cook fancy meals, its a very cultured experience and really gives you tons of knowledge not just on cooking, but for several other careers in the food service industry as well. I'm very excited to be starting it, though I'll be focusing more on hospitality/management, but I'll still have to take a semester or 2 of core cooking and presentation classes. Nothing beats working in a kitchen, though!
02:34 PM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
istaywrecked
No Avatar Selected
Food
04:37 AM on 03/07/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
Half way through second semester, lunch service under my chef was a fantastic learning experience. Chef Daniel Esposito is a very tough man, he was hard on us but it's gotten us prepared. I have to find summer work now and work until next year. Great program, I recommend Canadore College for culinary arts if you are from Ontario/Canada.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos