AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tooth & Nail Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Ivoryline Heads Down Under

Posted by - 04:08 PM on 09/03/08
Ivoryline will be heading to Australia to play the Big Exo Day followed by a string of dates through the country which can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
04:41 PM on 09/03/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
i was supposed to see them yesterday but they canceled. lame.
05:20 PM on 09/03/08
supersizefries
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure from what i read that it was There For Tomorrow and The Bigger Lights that cancelled everything for the rest of the tour. at least that's what TFT's blog said.
05:41 PM on 09/03/08
MikeJames
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure from what i read that it was There For Tomorrow and The Bigger Lights that cancelled everything for the rest of the tour. at least that's what TFT's blog said.

I heard they canceled because they were worried about the hurricane since the last few dates were in Texas and Gustav is about to roll through.
06:05 PM on 09/03/08
Nigel Tufnel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I heard they canceled because they were worried about the hurricane since the last few dates were in Texas and Gustav is about to roll through.

Dont know if thats true. They cancelled the Houston date before all of this Gustav hype began. Not only did we not see a drop of rain, but I actually think its hotter today than it has been in the last 2 weeks ha
06:35 PM on 09/03/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Dont know if thats true. They cancelled the Houston date before all of this Gustav hype began. Not only did we not see a drop of rain, but I actually think its hotter today than it has been in the last 2 weeks ha

yep. that's what i was gonna say.. blaming the cancellation on Gustav is crap.. it hasn't rained in san antonio for weeks.
06:42 PM on 09/03/08
Nigel Tufnel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yep. that's what i was gonna say.. blaming the cancellation on Gustav is crap.. it hasn't rained in san antonio for weeks.

Gustav was such a joke ha ha. Its probably better that they cancelled the Houston date. I love their record, but, I know that I would go to their show and be extremely dissapointed.
07:00 PM on 09/03/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Gustav was such a joke ha ha. Its probably better that they cancelled the Houston date. I love their record, but, I know that I would go to their show and be extremely dissapointed.

why is that? do they suck live?
07:17 PM on 09/03/08
supersizefries
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i've seen them live a few times. they're great.
07:21 PM on 09/03/08
beholdthebright
User Info.
congrats for those dudes.
07:29 PM on 09/03/08
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
User Info.
Nice. Good for them.
07:34 PM on 09/03/08
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.

No, they're fantastic, but they're touring as a four-piece right now. They lost one of their guitarists about six weeks ago and haven't found a replacement, so the songs sound a little emptier live if you're listening closely. I still thought they fucking killed at the Knitting Factory, though. Jeremy has insane stage presence.
07:48 PM on 09/03/08
Kerplunk_23
User Info.
Wow I never knew they lost a guitar player that sucks but anyway if anyone gets chance most def check them live,they put on a great live show,plus their really nice guys as well.
07:49 PM on 09/03/08
Emoidiot187
User Info.
ha thats cool for them
08:09 PM on 09/03/08
Nigel Tufnel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, they're fantastic, but they're touring as a four-piece right now. They lost one of their guitarists about six weeks ago and haven't found a replacement, so the songs sound a little emptier live if you're listening closely. I still thought they fucking killed at the Knitting Factory, though. Jeremy has insane stage presence.

Ha its all subjective really. Most people consider putting on an insanely energetic show being a "great" live band. I consider putting on a great show, but , also concentrating on sounding just as good as the album. To me, thats what separates the men from the boys. That singer is below sub-par live. Period.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos