AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sherwood News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sherwood Going On Tour

Posted by - 06:11 AM on 09/04/08
Sherwood is heading out on tour with The Pink Spiders and The Reign of Kindo. Details and dates can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
06:11 AM on 09/04/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
SHERWOOD Present:

GOLDRUSH! - A Sherwood tour this October meant for seeing friends, polishing old finds, and mining new ones.

SONGS! - Between touring abroad and playing festivals in North America, the Sherwood lads have begun writing songs for a new album slated for 2009.

DELUXE! - This fall will also see the release of Sing But Keep Going [Deluxe Edition], Sherwood’s first album repackaged with 4 previously unreleased songs.

TOUR! – Thus with songs both old and new in mind, the guys are eager to catch up with friends and see what you all think. That means select dates on the west coast this October with support from The Pink Spiders, The Summer Set, Barcelona, and The Reign Of Kindo:

October 2008:
Tue 07 Sacramento, CA @ The Boardwalk*
Wed 08 Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour*
Thu 09 San Diego, CA @ UCSD+ (Campus Event)
Fri 10 Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction*
Sun 12 Phoenix, AZ @ Clubhouse*
Wed 15 Salt Lake City, UT @ Studio*
Thu 16 Provo, UT @ Velour**
Fri 17 Rexburg, ID @The Westwood Theatre**
Sat 18 Boise, ID @ The Venue**
Sun 19 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre**
Mon 20 Seattle, WA @ Chop Suey**
Thu 23 San Francisco, CA @ Slims**
Fri 24 Visalia, CA @ 210**
Sat 25 San Luis Obispo, CA @ Downtown Brew**

* The Pink Spiders, The Summer Set, The Reign Of Kindo
** The Pink Spiders, Barcelona, The Reign Of Kindo
+ Kris Roe of The Ataris
06:14 AM on 09/04/08
rhinitus
87 jeans & a fresh pair of Nikes on
User Info.
That's it? Nothing east of the Rockies?
06:26 AM on 09/04/08
monster_rawr
User Info.
i wish the summer set was on our date!

i;ll try and make this but will most likely fail since October is a busy month :/
06:27 AM on 09/04/08
Hockeywall
Drink Beer, Play Hockey
User Info.
Those bastards. I haven't seen them yet this year and they've been on tour a bunch.
06:29 AM on 09/04/08
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
Deluxe version of Sing, But Keep Going! Is Side Cho putting that out?
06:46 AM on 09/04/08
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not trying to be a dick here but can anyone please explain to me the love this site seems to have for Sherwood. I remember Tate-man hyping the shit out of this album and, while I'm not saying he doesn't genuinely love it, I just can't really understand why. The songs don't really have much in the way of hooks, the dudes voice always seems to teether the line of being in tune and not, and it's just not that memorable.

Really, not trying to be that dick who just comes into a thread to shit on a band but was just a little curious if someone could provide me some insight (same goes with The Maine too).
06:58 AM on 09/04/08
Hojonny
youtube.com/crashtestprod
User Info.
Not trying to be a dick here but can anyone please explain to me the love this site seems to have for Sherwood. I remember Tate-man hyping the shit out of this album and, while I'm not saying he doesn't genuinely love it, I just can't really understand why. The songs don't really have much in the way of hooks, the dudes voice always seems to teether the line of being in tune and not, and it's just not that memorable.

Really, not trying to be that dick who just comes into a thread to shit on a band but was just a little curious if someone could provide me some insight (same goes with The Maine too).

While I can't speak for everyone, I can say that personally, the guy just has such a good... different voice. Yeah, they're not the poppiest band on the scene, but I don't think you can say they don't have hooks. I dunno, I'm in class right now so I can't really go into detail, but MAN is college boring.
07:02 AM on 09/04/08
sunkist lovin
User Info.

Well I kinda like Sherwood so I guess it could be differences in musical taste obviously, but The Maine is way too generic and rip-offish for me, I don't know why anyone other than a teenaged All Time Low, BLG, whatever's "trendy" fan would want to listen to them
07:30 AM on 09/04/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.

maybe tate hyped up the album because their first album was amazing. that's usually what happens when a band has a great first album. don't you think?

oh and suckish dates.
07:50 AM on 09/04/08
Phil507
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
While I can't speak for everyone, I can say that personally, the guy just has such a good... different voice. Yeah, they're not the poppiest band on the scene, but I don't think you can say they don't have hooks. I dunno, I'm in class right now so I can't really go into detail, but MAN is college boring.

College isn't boring man, you must just not be doing it right.

As for Sherwood, none of those songs really resonate with me (except for "The Longest Time") and even then, it's good on-the-go but further listening reveals nothing substantial.
07:51 AM on 09/04/08
Phil507
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
maybe tate hyped up the album because their first album was amazing. that's usually what happens when a band has a great first album. don't you think?

oh and suckish dates.

What was amazing about the first album?
07:59 AM on 09/04/08
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
aka "The Bands with Shitty Names" tour
08:01 AM on 09/04/08
XErikxthexRedX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why is it only west coast dates? that is lame.
08:01 AM on 09/04/08
RunningFool
Hurry up with my damn croissant
User Info.
Guess I'm spending an October weekend in Portland! Might end up missing a class or two that Monday...oh well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos