Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
07:57 AM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I don't know. I really like Papa's Song. I thought that the story and lyrics were really well crafted and the music fitted really well with it.

Hugely agreed. And I'm not going to say that the lyrics are amazing, but that's one of my favorites on the album, lyrically. It felt really from the heart. And again, that doesn't mean the lyrics were are automatically good but... I dunno, I liked them in that track a lot.

Nice review Drew, though I would probably rate it in the lower 80's personally. I like it a lot.
07:02 PM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Also, Don't Tell Me It's Over may be the hottest hip hop track I've heard so far this year. haha I love it so much.

Could you explain something then? That song leaked a couple weeks ago, with Wayne at the end of it. Your tracklisting in this thread says he's in it.

But both the censored and explicit leaks of this album have a Wayne-less version of the song.

What's up?
09:25 PM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I have never seen a more inaccurate statement in my life. NEVER.

I'm with him. This is my favorite Gym Class album. I love it because of how varied it is.
09:25 PM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Id like to see a review of Okkervil River's quality new album rather than another review for more pop albums...because Gym Class is definitely pop...I guess this is just where AP is heading/at anymore...

... Are you kidding me?
10:31 AM on 09/09/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
The Lil Wayne version is up for free download somewhere around the web but its not on the CD.
It REALLY should be though cause it makes the track better, imo.

That's lame. I'm buying the CD today but looks like I'll be burning my own version.
03:58 PM on 09/09/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I'm gonna buy the album, and I'm sure I'll like it, I just don't love the more mainstream sound. And every track is featuring someone like every other hip-hop record. Just prefer their more indie sounding stuff. Do hope they blow up though, cause hip-hop could use some legit talent in the mainstream.

The "mainstream" thing is kind of iffy to me. It's definitely more mainstream hip hop, but then doesn't it go back in the other direction by basically having two straight up pop rock songs on it?

That's part of the reason I like it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News