AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 76
07:54 PM on 09/08/08
Ko17
User Info.
Id like to see a review of Okkervil River's quality new album rather than another review for more pop albums...because Gym Class is definitely pop...I guess this is just where AP is heading/at anymore...
07:55 PM on 09/08/08
DI Pistola
tune in Tokyo
User Info.
Probably be picking this up on a track-by-track basis.
08:10 PM on 09/08/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Could you explain something then? That song leaked a couple weeks ago, with Wayne at the end of it. Your tracklisting in this thread says he's in it.

But both the censored and explicit leaks of this album have a Wayne-less version of the song.

What's up?
I dunno, we'll see tomorrow with the release.
08:40 PM on 09/08/08
ilovebsb
The papercut chronicles was good but i enjoyed as cruel school children alot more. A.C.A.S.C. was alot easier to swallow and much more of a fun record. I was kind of hoping for them to expand on that sound but by introducing the rest of the band more instead of having the main focus be Travis with made beats. You know something the rest of the band could recreate live without having a tape tracking the other instruments(even though they have done that with their other songs but it would of been nice to see less of it). I'm not the biggest fan of rap/hip hop but i love gym class heroes and with that being said the thing that really turns me off about the new record is that it has alot of mainstream hip-hop influence in it. Songs like cookie-jar disgust me because they're much better than that, it's almost as bad as tyga's coconut juice. i'll try and give the album another chance tomorrow when i pick it up but i doubt my mind will be changed about it.
08:44 PM on 09/08/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Papercut Chronicles isn't that great. This is better.

I have never seen a more inaccurate statement in my life. NEVER.
09:00 PM on 09/08/08
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I bet the guy likes T-Pain and Akon.
09:25 PM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

I'm with him. This is my favorite Gym Class album. I love it because of how varied it is.
09:25 PM on 09/08/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Id like to see a review of Okkervil River's quality new album rather than another review for more pop albums...because Gym Class is definitely pop...I guess this is just where AP is heading/at anymore...

... Are you kidding me?
11:16 PM on 09/08/08
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
Could you explain something then? That song leaked a couple weeks ago, with Wayne at the end of it. Your tracklisting in this thread says he's in it.

But both the censored and explicit leaks of this album have a Wayne-less version of the song.

What's up?

The Lil Wayne version is up for free download somewhere around the web but its not on the CD.
It REALLY should be though cause it makes the track better, imo.

But TPC is their best album to me because it was raw and Travis' lyrics were witty and I could relate to them. There wasn't a dull moment on that CD. ACASC was ok... it was heavily backed up by FBR so thats why it did well. It was way more comercial than their first album but still a good album. Now The Quilt...hmmm, as a huge Gym Class fan I had high expectations and hopes but I guess all I can say is that I tollerate it. I heard about half the new songs live a couple times months ago when seeing them at smaller shows and they are WAY better live then on the album. Especially Peace Sign and Live A Little. Its just they are going downhill lyrically and that makes me sad cause the lyrics was what pulled me in in the first place.
01:53 AM on 09/09/08
HelpMeSleep
fuck what you know.
User Info.
The Lil Wayne version is up for free download somewhere around the web but its not on the CD.
that's so weird. when I put the cd into my itunes it showed up as featuring Lil Wayne.
03:13 AM on 09/09/08
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
I'm curious know that I know Patrick Stump sings here
10:31 AM on 09/09/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

That's lame. I'm buying the CD today but looks like I'll be burning my own version.
02:46 PM on 09/09/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm with him. This is my favorite Gym Class album. I love it because of how varied it is.

I'm gonna buy the album, and I'm sure I'll like it, I just don't love the more mainstream sound. And every track is featuring someone like every other hip-hop record. Just prefer their more indie sounding stuff. Do hope they blow up though, cause hip-hop could use some legit talent in the mainstream.
03:58 PM on 09/09/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I'm gonna buy the album, and I'm sure I'll like it, I just don't love the more mainstream sound. And every track is featuring someone like every other hip-hop record. Just prefer their more indie sounding stuff. Do hope they blow up though, cause hip-hop could use some legit talent in the mainstream.

The "mainstream" thing is kind of iffy to me. It's definitely more mainstream hip hop, but then doesn't it go back in the other direction by basically having two straight up pop rock songs on it?

That's part of the reason I like it.
07:47 AM on 09/10/08
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
User Info.
i hated as cruel as school children... thought it was an awful departure from everything that was amazing about Papercut Chronicles.. i feel this is going back towards TPC and i love it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos