AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

National Product News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Free Music From Danny's Old Band

Posted by - 08:22 PM on 09/16/08
Wonder what Danny from National Product's old band sounded like? Well, you can download Storybook Ending's EP for free on their myspace page.
Message from DannyWhatís up guys... Danny from NP (national product) here:

In 2005 I filled in for a local band I loved when the singer left for college. We ended up recording an EP for fun in our friends bedroom. Shortly after, everyone went off to college and focused on their careers and the real world. I have to say that being in something that did not require marketing plans, and lawyers, record labels and agents was probably one of the most exciting things ever. We could write corny lyrics, and throw hardcore breakdowns in super poppy punk songs and not give a shit whether it was gonna be anything more, and thatís exactly what we did. ALL the songs from the EP are on the myspace for YOU to have for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Please enjoy these songs that we made, donít take them too seriously, cause we didnít and pass them along if you like them.

For fans of (and this does not mean ďit sounds likeĒ) - Taking Back Sunday, anything 80ís, anything PoP pUnK and XHARDcoreXXXX grrrrr

http://www.myspace.com/storybookendingforfree

Sincerely,
Danny Casler

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
08:38 PM on 09/16/08
Shrillex
is awesome fo sho hoe
User Info.
cool cool
08:42 PM on 09/16/08
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Nice!
08:47 PM on 09/16/08
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
is there a place to download it in one folder, or just individually.
08:50 PM on 09/16/08
cory-182
User Info.
This stuff isn't bad at all.

Who would have thought that Danny and Brandon from Atreyu would have done a song together back in the day?
08:55 PM on 09/16/08
timbedinosaur
Stay lucky
User Info.
hey danny, whats up?
09:03 PM on 09/16/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
how cool
09:07 PM on 09/16/08
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Oh Mr. Casler, I hope you still have your face to face avatar. It rules considerably.
09:30 PM on 09/16/08
axelblazer
User Info.
This isn't bad at all. Thanks for sharing this!

PS. I want the Bon Jovi Cover!
09:40 PM on 09/16/08
makeitcomealive
User Info.
Thanks Danny, you're awesome!
10:16 PM on 09/16/08
punk89
User Info.
haha! I used to listen to "Don't Rob Me of This Hate" all the time, back in 2003/4-ish. Good stuff!

The funny thing is that I've never listened to National Product. How do they compare?
10:17 PM on 09/16/08
punk89
User Info.
^^^^^ I mean 2005, because that's what Danny said. haha. my brain work funny.
10:17 PM on 09/16/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
hey guys and girls, just finished our new orleans show. if you want all the tracks and its harder to download from the myspace just email me....

danny@npmusic.com

also, Ryan, you know how i do
Timb, whats up and the rest... holla
10:18 PM on 09/16/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
haha! I used to listen to "Don't Rob Me of This Hate" all the time, back in 2003/4-ish. Good stuff!

The funny thing is that I've never listened to National Product. How do they compare?

they are incredibly terrible, esp live... =)
10:26 PM on 09/16/08
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
User Info.
I actually was into A Storybook Ending before Danny joined--if you can find the "...to have loved and lost" EP or the "Breaking Your Girlfriend's Heart" EP, do it. Danny's a great singer but the stuff their old singer did is really fantastic. I can send it to you if you want, this band was one of my very first local bands and it's really too bad things ended. It's just weird for me to hear it called "Danny Casler's old band" when him joining was sort of at the end of my experiences listening to them.

On a sidenote--Danny, I was totally watching CNN when they interviewed you about the earthquakes in LA a while back, and when I saw "Danny Casler--Huntington Beach" I was like "Holy shit. I know that guy!" (I interviewed you for Euphonia Online.)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos