Username
Password
Equal Vision Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Equal Vision Records
Inside AP.net

New Cinematic Sunrise Clip

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (09/16/08)
Cinematic Sunrise have posted a clip of a new song titled "If Lilly Isn't Back by Sunset" on myspace, which is one of the two new tracks featured on the re-release of their debut EP.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46.
08:23 PM on 09/16/08
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Cinematic Sunrise - Craig Owens (vocals), Bradley Bell (piano), Bryan Beeler (guitar), newest member Nick Martin (guitar), Marcus VanKirk (bass), and Dave Shapiro (drums) - will re-release their debut EP, A Coloring Storybook and Long Playing Record on October 14th. The original release was a Hot Topic and MerchNow exclusive, and has sold over 10,000 copies in less than four months! By popular demand the album will now be available at Best Buy and local independent music stores as well. A Coloring Storybook... will also include two previously unreleased tracks titled "Crossing Our Fingers For Summer" and "If Lilly Isn't Back By Sunset." The later can be heard on the band's MySpace. The new tracks were recorded at Beeler's home studio this past summer.

In addition to new music, the band has welcomed Nick Martin, of the San Diego based band Underminded, to fill in on second guitar permanently.

One might think that juggling two bands - and two different touring schedules, for that matter - as Owens and Bell do with Chiodos and Cinematic Sunrise, would cause some major headaches. Fortunately, the pair's pop-rock project is strictly about having a good time and making music that is innocent and fun to play. "Basically, the whole idea - everything about Cinematic Sunrise - is just happy and fun. And there's nothing more fun than coloring," explains Owens about the decision to include a coloring book with the original pressing of their aptly titled debut A Coloring Storybook and Long Playing Record, illustrated by Rob Dobi.

Earlier this year, the band set out on a two-week headlining trek with friends My American Heart and Daphne Loves Derby and spent a week on the Vans Warped Tour. This past September, Owens appeared on the cover of Alternative Press Magazine's "Noise On The Side" issue to talk about Cinematic Sunrise and mentioned his hopes of releasing a proper Cinematic Sunrise full-length in 2009.

A Coloring Storybook and Long Playing Record re-release is available now for preorder at MerchNow.com
08:37 PM on 09/16/08
sodamnclever
it's a sign, bro.
User Info.
I really like this clip.
I'm looking forward to hearing the whole song, and the other new song.
08:37 PM on 09/16/08
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
So I was reading the Chiodos reissue post and there was a bunch of talk about Craig stealing/using lyrics or what not from Charles Bukowski. Are there any other song in which he stole/used lyrics or what not from?
08:40 PM on 09/16/08
Shrillex
is awesome fo sho hoe
User Info.
good stuff cant wait to hear the other unreleased stuff
08:50 PM on 09/16/08
MixedwithBlood
i kissed a drunk girl
User Info.
yeah, we get it. craig owens. re-release. i know
08:56 PM on 09/16/08
moore182
User Info.
I'm not much of a fan of Cinematic Sunrise (or Chiodos)...I hate how Craig cries after every line...It's not really a cry, but you know what I'm talking about it?..he like drags out the last word. It just gets annoying. That being said I do love the cover art of A Coloring Storybook...for real hah.
09:00 PM on 09/16/08
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
I wish they would have put the "bonus tracks" on the reissue on the original release and maybe put together three more songs and make it an actual "Long Playing Record."
09:00 PM on 09/16/08
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
i liked one song off of this EP...
09:01 PM on 09/16/08
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
this sounds amazing!

craig owens ftmfw!
09:08 PM on 09/16/08
gladnads
iGnoble Apathian
User Info.
craig owens is full of shit. Fuck him.
09:11 PM on 09/16/08
anamericangod
User Info.

Tell us how you really feel.
09:14 PM on 09/16/08
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.

Who are you again?
09:17 PM on 09/16/08
Jordachejeans91
User Info.
yeah, we get it. craig owens. re-release. i know

i know dude this is getting old just wait like a few months and realase a whole other cd
09:45 PM on 09/16/08
phuckshietass
fingerbang u into my life
User Info.
yikes another re-release. c'mon now - its like they are begging us to steal it this time around
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS