Username
Password
MTV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
MTV
Inside AP.net

Statements and Silence are Bigger Than the Sound

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (09/24/08)
With the recent plane crash tragedy that directly impacted members of this music scene, James Montgomery has written about the statements that come from bands in support of tragedy. Are they necessary? He argues yes, in this week's Bigger Than the Sound.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32.
06:26 PM on 09/24/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The man does make some fair points...
06:26 PM on 09/24/08
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
Wait...there's an argument about this? Of course these supportive statements are necessary.
06:37 PM on 09/24/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All the talk about necessity is just to cover up that he's essentially calling Tom Delonge an asshole. That's what I got out of it at 03.37 in the morning...
06:41 PM on 09/24/08
bensATLsummer08
Every Week is Shark Week
User Info.
Is he taking a shot at Mark for not issuing a statement as well?

He does say two camps haven't said anything.
06:43 PM on 09/24/08
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I believe Mark and Tom have the right to deal with it in their own way. If they don't want to feed the media anything, that's up to them.

Guy kinda sounded like a douche though. I usually like these articles. This one not so much.

Also, it was completely unnecessary to mention Cobra Starship... in ANY capacity.
06:47 PM on 09/24/08
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
I believe Mark and Tom have the right to deal with it in their own way. If they don't want to feed the media anything, that's up to them.

Guy kinda sounded like a douche though. I usually like these articles. This one not so much.

Also, it was completely unnecessary to mention Cobra Starship... in ANY capacity.

Exactly. No matter the circumstances, mentioning...C.S. is just in bad taste.
06:53 PM on 09/24/08
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
User Info.
Wait...there's an argument about this? Of course these supportive statements are necessary.

He mentions at the end of the article that is was odd that there was no mention from two specific bands, implying Angels and Airwaves and +44.
06:55 PM on 09/24/08
xfantabulousx
Title and Registration
User Info.
Of COURSE Tom and Mark have the right to ignore media requests for a statement. It makes me angry that he's ever questioning the fact they have yet to say anything about it. "Somewhat coldhearted?" I'm sorry, but that's just way out of line.
06:58 PM on 09/24/08
CrazeeJaney
my name is jane.
User Info.
Statements are for the media and public. It's not as though Tom and Mark were recently interviewed and refused to speak or were not supportive.
07:00 PM on 09/24/08
ericsounds41
User Info.
Of COURSE Tom and Mark have the right to ignore media requests for a statement. It makes me angry that he's ever questioning the fact they have yet to say anything about it. "Somewhat coldhearted?" I'm sorry, but that's just way out of line.

agreed.
07:01 PM on 09/24/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's merely saying what the thousands upon thousands of fans that have posted comments on myspace-pages, blogs, websites, are all thinking. No big deal.
07:03 PM on 09/24/08
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
He mentions at the end of the article that is was odd that there was no mention from two specific bands, implying Angels and Airwaves and +44.

Well I think the statements in support of Travis are usually from bands/people that can't be with him right now. I'm sure Mark has visited him, and I sure hope Tom has at least called.
07:09 PM on 09/24/08
JohnDorian
Linguo Dead?
User Info.
Why is this worded as though Travis died in the accident?
07:13 PM on 09/24/08
Spontaneity
User Info.
Why is this worded as though Travis died in the accident?
That's what I was wondering.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests