Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
09:02 AM on 09/30/08
Finch076
I don't actually listen to 'Finch'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
for good swedish "twee pop", listen to Hello Saferide. It is much more charming, to me at least, than I'm from Barcelona. But that's my two cents.
10:16 AM on 09/30/08
Finch076
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't know, man. Everybody at work adores all of this stuff that you guys gobble up: Hello Saferide, Jens Lekman, Shout Out Louds, Firefox AK and a million other bands that I just can't grasp or get or just..like. 90% of the stuff we report on is indie, so I get pretty sick of it pretty quickly.

This site needs to post more on Hello Saferide. Her new cd is sensational.

Same with Anna Ternheim. I heard she has a new cd coming November...and yet I have not seen a mention of it on this site. Disappointing.
10:38 AM on 09/30/08
Finch076
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
See, that's the woman I can't stand: Annika Norlin. I just don't see the charm or the brilliance, sadly perhaps.

There's no brilliance with Hello Saferide. It's all charm...and that's what you're missing. but, as with all music, it's not for everyone.

And swedish music is just so much better than american stuff. it's more talented, catchier and just less formulaic (or so i think). I heard that Ternheim song last week....it's good...but i'm ready for the full version and, subsequently, a new full length (Nov 12!)
06:07 PM on 09/30/08
Finch076
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought so...that's what I told my colleagues but they just laughed and said something like "go listen to metal, metalkid..". Not really, but they might as well have!

You really think so? Do you listen to anything else from here other than indie?

not typically. but i'm open for suggestions if you have any good, current swedish recs for me.

new music is always a good thing.
03:26 PM on 10/01/08
Finch076
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Give David & The Citizens a listen, in my opinion the best Swedish band.

I just listened to it through myspace. it's okay... not my favorite thing though. kind of reminds me of tokyo police club vs. belle and sebastian (a strange one-two punch, i know).

thanks for the recommendation though. lets hope it grows on me .
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests