Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:15 PM on 10/03/08
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Im really digging this stuff on their myspace. Ill have to check out the whole album; its rare that I really dig any newer bands sound right away!
11:21 AM on 10/11/08
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
Only 80%!?! That scares me

haha. the sad thing though, is that any band should be very excited to get an 8/10 (or 80%) rating. This site just rates EVERYTHING so darn high. Ive reviewed records just diy on blogs and for friends for years and I was a lot more reserved with 8s and 9s. There are a lot of reviews on here where people say the record is great except this, this, and this and then give it an 85% and that just doesnt make sense to me.

On a scale of 1-10, 5 should always be the point of reference (average, worth checking out but nothing ground breaking) but if anyone gives a record a 5 or 6 on here people assume it sucks which doesnt make much sense. I mean I consider 6 a solid score - the album is above average which is a compliment. Small gripe I know, but thats how it goes. This is how I alloted scores:

5 decent/average
6 good/above average
7 very good
8 great
9 nearly perfect
10 perfect (extremely rare of course)

Once again, I know its silly and trivial, and I am not knocking the site, I think its a great resource and I obviously read it haha, but I feel you have to take the rating number with a grain of salt. I mean an 8 to mean means it is a great record normally - so its funny that on this site if someone sees an 8/10 they are worried about how good the record is :P

and PS Clintoto this is not knocking you! because I feel the same way, *on this site* if I see something 80 or below it comes across as negative, just stating I wasnt used to that before I started reading this site a few years ago
11:35 AM on 10/11/08
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
record is enjoyable though for sure :)
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives