03:04 PM on 10/04/08
I appreciate all posi-feedback regarding this artwork! It took for-fucking-ever to get it to come to fruition, and I would like to address some of the criticism:
1. It's a collaborative art-effort between my co-conspirator, John, his mom, our friends Mike and Ryan, and a gamut of friends and supporters who have been involved with the band's cultivation for a long period of time.
2. There was never necessarily any intention of a "focal point," because I think that's a lot of times the detrimental and destructive element to the creative flow.
3. I find it to be quite original, because of its complete disregard for any convention, or focused attention on cohesion.
4. Ironically, in an odd way, I find it to be extremely cohesive, and we paid a great deal of attention to detail (it took 6 months to finish this shit).
5. There are things I'm still not crazy about, and I absolutely hated some of it at some points, but I realized how much it makes sense in the context of making this record. This record became its own microcosm of sorts...being recorded everywhere from our homes, to random dorm rooms, to nice studios in Los Angeles and Texas...and it was fairly random how it materialized.
That being said, I appreciate all the public opinion, and I do think it looks like the imaginations of a 6 year old boy and 4 year old girl, exploded, and hence, collided in the most ostensible and intense manner.
Thanks everyone, and I'm just happy to be releasing a record...