AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
A.K.A.s, The (Are Everywhere!) - Everybody Make Some... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 9
Production 8.5
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 9.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 85%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

A.K.A.s, The (Are Everywhere!) - Everybody Make Some...

Reviewed by: Curtis&BemisRok (10/06/08)
The A.K.A.s (Are Everywhere!) - Everybody Make Some Noise!
Record Label: Metropolis Records
Release Date: March 18, 2008

Have you ever listened to an album for the first time and absolutely fallen in love? You just want to listen to it all day and never give it up. Whether this is a classic rock, punk, rap or reggae album for you, Everybody Make Some Noise! will join the elite few that fit in this category. Its fun tempo and original sound will make these anthemic punk songs enjoyable for anyone that listens to it. Mike Ski has a unique voice that is very hard to forget and fits with the band's music perfectly. Their guitar riffs are fairly simple, but sound stellar and one would have to try hard to not enjoy them. The creative keyboard sounds give this band a large plus, considering its not a very popular instrument amongst punk bands. All of these factors, tied together with catchy lyrics and melodies, make for an unforgettable album.

I must give special notice to at least one song from The A.K.A.s' second album. The song that deserves this privilege is "We Write Our Own Anthems". This song just has all the qualifications of a hit. The lead vocals combined with backup singers over a bass and drum-filled verse is made for anyone to love. Then comes a bit of a pickup for the pre-chorus in which the listener, after being warmed up by the verse, starts to really get into the song. The chorus really kicks it home, and then leads back into that verse discussed earlier. Ending with an exciting outro of repeating choruses, this song is a must-listen-to on the album. Another song that is a must-know is "Paranoia Is A Skill". It happens to be very similar to the set-up of "We Write Our Own Anthems", just with a bit more guitar, more prominent keyboard and an increased level of greatness.

If it is not clear enough already, I absolutely fell in love with The A.K.A.s' second album, Everybody Make Some Noise!. The lyrics, musicianship, uniqueness and fun come together on this modern punk album. I dare someone to give this album a try and not enjoy it. I would be very surprised if that is possible.

Recommended if You LikeAnti-Flag; Alkaline Trio; The Starting Line; Sugarcult

myspace.com/theakas

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests