AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Signing News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21.
08:43 AM on 10/16/08
theguilt engine
User Info.
Also, Not Alone records has two bands? Hm...
12:48 PM on 10/16/08
greganddistance
User Info.
Also, Not Alone records has two bands? Hm...

and how's your band doing, matt?
01:02 PM on 10/16/08
theguilt engine
User Info.
and how's your band doing, matt?
What band?

01:32 PM on 10/16/08
greganddistance
User Info.

exactly. I find it somewhat hillarious that you yourself don't have a band signed to a label, being posted about here, but yet you come here with nothing positive to say. I don't even really care, I just think there has gotta be a better way to spend your time. go start writing better songs than mine, for example. :)
01:38 PM on 10/16/08
theguilt engine
User Info.
exactly. I find it somewhat hillarious that you yourself don't have a band signed to a label, being posted about here, but yet you come here with nothing positive to say. I don't even really care, I just think there has gotta be a better way to spend your time. go start writing better songs than mine, for example. :)
My father is a musician, I am a musician and I've been in a band before. I tell the difference between people with and without talent. Writing song after song in open tuning is a great example of a lack of talent. Chord changes and progression are the most important keys of writing a good song, both of which are hardly ever present in your music. When I was 16 I loved Time & Distance...I saw you guys with Speakerfire and bought a shirt (brown with a trike on it?). But, now I'm nearly 21 and my perception of music has matured and I figured your songwriting skills would have too...
03:05 PM on 10/16/08
Joe Lemble
Silent Movie Records
User Info.
My father is a musician, I am a musician and I've been in a band before. I tell the difference between people with and without talent. Writing song after song in open tuning is a great example of a lack of talent. Chord changes and progression are the most important keys of writing a good song, both of which are hardly ever present in your music. When I was 16 I loved Time & Distance...I saw you guys with Speakerfire and bought a shirt (brown with a trike on it?). But, now I'm nearly 21 and my perception of music has matured and I figured your songwriting skills would have too...

if its not broken, dont fix it.

If New Found Glory, a band I've loved since my early teens, started writing what is considered to be "well educated and dignified" music... I'd probably stop going to their shows and supporting what they do. The same goes the other way as well. If Sigur Ros started playing pop-punk, nobody would listen. Everyone says how easy it is to make music like Panic At The Disco, Fallout Boy, Punchline, or Time And Distance but if they tried, they might not exactly hit it on the head. It's because its not about a formula - it's about charisma, heart, and playing what feels right otherwise Thom Yorke and Chris Martin would be writing Pop-Punk records just to make more money right now, but its not what they do well, if at all.

Just because you think you're maturing, doesn't mean that everything in your life has to reflect that as well. There will always be 16 year old kids that "dont know" what "good music" is and needs those simple chord progressions and heartfelt lyrics to belt out while they drive around with the only kid they know that has a license at the time.

Greg has always had, and will always have 100& support from myself and Silent Movie Records. It's a shame that I couldn't have offered him what his new home could, but it doesn't mean that I won't help him in any way that I can to ensure his future success. Greg, congratulations and call me soon.

- Joe Lemble
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums