AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Over It - 03.15.05

Interviewed by
Over It - 03.15.05What is your name and what do you do in Over It?

P:* *Peter, I have a big mouth and I make a sad attempt at guitar playing.

S:** I’m Seth, part time bass player, part time jerk, full time ghoul.*

Where did you guys all meet and end up becoming Over it?

P:* The two of us met in preschool!

S:** Really.* We did.* Formed the band in our first year of High School.

Is there a meaning behind the name? What exactly is it?

P:* Don’t be afraid to be yourself.* Smile at the darkside.

S:* Although no one has ever admitted this until now, I feel like we got our name from a Face To Face EP.* Our original bass player, Joe, named our band and after he passed away we kept the name as a sort of tribute to him.* *

You guys just released “silverstrand”, How has the fan reaction been so
far?

P:* We have some haters now.* Maybe we’re getting big?**

S:** No.* Next!

What is the meaning behind the album title?
P:** In 2003 we made Ventura County California our new home. We came to the stretch of beach called Silverstrand and it was beautiful.**

S:** It’s fitting because the record is an autobiographical account of our move.*

Who did you get to produce the new album?

P:* The record was produced and recorded by Mike Green who is a sinister genius. We made it in North Hollywood and Redondo Beach.* Mike Green rips at guitar.

S:* We can’t forget Mike’s assistant, Chef Yan!** Even though we call him Chef, his real name is Jason Yan and he is another engineer/evil genius working out of the Green Room in Hollywood. *

Any favorite songs from the album?

P:* All of them.**

S:* Here’s an interesting reverse of your question:* Any favorite songs not on the record?** Yes.* I like one of the Japanese bonus tracks a whole lot called ‘Map Of The World’ and I like this other song called ‘This Song Will Self Destruct’ that just didn’t make it on the record.**

What are some of the funniest times you have had being in the band?

S:* Playing pranks is a tour necessity.** The best prank was on Don’t Look Down, when we took an adult diaper, melted chocolate into the rear and left the diaper in their van.** We were even lucky enough to be recording with our video camera when Ryan found the dirty diaper.*

Since the album just came out, are there any big plans for the band in
the coming months?

P:* *Go on tour forever as they say… and see They Might Be Giants play an in store performance next week right before we leave Los Angeles… and… make other albums. It’s fixin to be a fun year.* Oh yeah, and eat Sonny’s when we get to Florida.

S:* *We have some Tsunami Bomb dates that take us into April.** Then we have a rad tour with Rufio and Gatsby’s American Dream that will cover almost the entire US and last for a month.** Right after that we were lucky and scored some All American Rejects dates… so we’ll stay busy and on tour all the way through the summer.

Any big tour plans this summer?

S:** Yes, Warped Tour!!!**

What were some of the biggest influences musically growing up?

P:* Latvian folk music.** You know, polka and stuff.**

S:** First, I should say he’s not lying.** Second I had a metal head neighbor that influenced me in elementary school… but most of the bands that have really had an effect on me were bands I discovered through Pennywise, NOFX, Unwritten Law and Blink 182. ***Those bands were my gateway into this crazy mixed up scene.**

Where any of you guys in bands previous to Over It?

P:* Joey’s Dilemma!

S:* Nope, This is my first and only band.

Boxers or Briefs?

S:* We’re a boxer band, all of us. We’ve answered the question this way all 666 times it’s been asked of us. I’ve personally never been into briefs, I like the casual feel of shorts much more.

Ashlee or Jessica Simpson?

S:* Ashlee.

P:* Ashlee, but I think James and Nick like Jessica more.

Is there any band that you have toured with that you absolutely love
going out on the road with?

S:* *Most of them actually.*

P:** How did they all get so cool?

S:* I guess I’ll say Rufio, Acceptance, Don’t Look Down, Yellowcard, The Gamits, The Matches, A Wilhelm Scream…

How do you feel about piracy and album leaking?

P:* Leaky.

S:* We leaked our own record.*

Any cd’s that you guys are currently obsessed with?

P:* *Green Day, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

S:** Bodyjar “Jarchives”, ***Acceptance* “Phantoms”,** Don’t Look Down* “The Fear In Love”.**

Thanks again, are there any last words for the readers out in ap land?

S:* Thank you to AP!* Here’s to a million + visitors a day.* CHEERS!**

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
09:15 PM on 03/15/05
SePaMc
Under your wings I'll hide.
User Info.
Speaking of warped tour. When will the band's dates be announced? I mean, why preorder when most the good bands prolly wont even come to the stop near me =\.
09:47 PM on 03/15/05
derricklc22
Gentelman in Training
User Info.
great cd great band
01:03 PM on 03/16/05
brasonmyguitar
.:numberonewithabullet:.
User Info.
Agreed, nice guys too, I PMed them on mySpace and not only did they reply quickly, but they took the time to post a comment on my profile saying thanks and stuff. Good band, good guys-

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos