Album Review
The Syncope Threshold - End of the Beginning Album Cover

The Syncope Threshold - End of the Beginning

Reviewed by
The Syncope Threshold - End of the Beginning
Record Label: Razorheart Records
Release Date: October 2, 2007
Who?

A five piece, dual-guitared metal band in the vein of Protest The Hero. They're currently working on their debut full-length album.

How is it?

Fairly tight throughout. There are a few places that could use some work, but others that they handle just fine. The first comparison that instantly jumps to mind is Protest the Hero, since we've got (I would say) too few bands that are throwing out this intense variation of metal.

The songs are led by some serious riffs and guitar attacks, and they're the biggest attraction to the EP. The primary qualm I have with the album is the terrible production. Both the vocals and the drums sound terrible. It's a pretty serious distraction from the album, and the sub-par drum production began to wear on my nerves. The clean vocals just aren't pulled off very well, and seem stressed in a few places. However, the powerful screams and above-average musicianship easily make up for it. Their technical, fast-paced song stylings are handled well, and overall, they've got a pretty solid sound.

With a little bit of work on their production and clean vocals, The Syncope Threshold could find their way into mainstream listeners' earbuds. They may not be ultra-creative, but they've got their own style, and The End Of The Beginning is definitely worth a listen if you're a fan of technical metal.

Recommended if You LikeProtest the Hero; The Human Abstract; Between the Buried and Me

myspace.com/tstband
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
12:24 PM on 11/10/08
Whereisreggie
I don't give up, I let go.
User Info.
This is one of very few bands I actually checked out via myspace friend request. I also compared them to PTH, which is a good thing. I totally agree on everything. Looking forward to more music from these guys.
08:11 PM on 12/13/08
Joe Tiago
Let's Get Ah Ah Invisible
User Info.
Good review. Amazing band and EP. This is one of my favorite bands. The songs are really original and creative. I would definitely have to disagree on the vocals. His voice is just beatiful and he's a great singer. You also should have mentioned that not only have they got the melodic progressive metal/hardcore thing going, they're very punk rock influenced, in the vein of Strung Out and Death by Stereo. Although, yes they are similar to PTH. I definitely think that everyone should hear this for themselves and that it's worth buying. Also, Tale of the Complex Circuit will blow this away. That's saying something too since this is such a great EP. Two new songs(demos) up on their myspace. Absolutely frikken kick-ass

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos