Password

Album Review

The Perfect Mistake - Armistice Album Cover

The Perfect Mistake - Armistice

Reviewed by
The Perfect Mistake - Armistice
Record Label: 7-9 Records
Release Date: September 9, 2008
Most times you listen to an unsigned or indie label band and you understand why they don't have a label supporting them. You can tell they need to mature as a band or are, quite frankly, not good enough. The band The Perfect Mistake is a special case.

Fuse labeled this band "the best unsigned band in the country" last April and surprisingly enough they have yet to find the right label to support them. The last time I saw this band live was when they opened for All Time Low at the Knitting Factory in New York. They were fantastic performers and said they were writing an album. A year later I find out that this band wrote, produced, and engineered the entire album themselves, which is very impressive. I was ecstatic to hear the album, and sure enough, it's actually better than I expected.

Musically speaking it's very diverse. The album ranges from the energetic poppy opener "Sound of Music" to the next hard hitting dark "Confessions From the Frontline." Although my favorite song is the second to last track "Children of the Sky." It's beautifully written and just gives me the chills every time I listen to it. The lyrics "When did our fate become bought and sold / Lets take back what they stole / And re-conquer our souls" break into a beautiful chanting children choir singing "We will march with our pride." Another track to check out is "Autumn" the last track on the album. It's a sweet beautiful love song: "So shed some skin for me / So I can think about the days where we walked through colored trees / All was fine in make believe."

This is without a doubt the best album I have ever heard by any unsigned band. It ranks as one of the best of the year and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we all see this album on the shelves at our local Best Buy soon. If you have been living under a rock and have yet to find out about this band I urge you to check them out - you won't be disappointed!

Recommended if You LikeSay Anything; Anberlin; The Academy Is...; Brand New; Jimmy Eat World; Weezer

myspace.com/theperfectmistakenyc
This review is a user submitted review from Illuminate. You can see all of Illuminate's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
02:24 PM on 01/05/09
ezco25
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
u guys not being signed to a label shows how fucked up this world is
01:11 PM on 01/06/09
Illuminate
It's a shame we need everything
User Info.
u guys not being signed to a label shows how fucked up this world is