AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Get Set Radio - The New Adventures Of... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 5
Musicianship 5
Lyrics 5
Production 6.5
Creativity 4
Lasting Value 5
Reviewer Tilt 5
Final Verdict: 51%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Get Set Radio - The New Adventures Of...

Reviewed by: Klatzke (11/03/08)
Get Set Radio - The New Adventures Of...
Record Label: None
Release Date: August 20, 2008

Who?

An unsigned UK quartet that write a bland fusion of alternative and pop. Somehow, their new EP The New Adventures Of... seems to have received rave reviews.

How is it?

Hovering somewhere around decent. No single part of their music is particularly endearing, and they mostly just fail to impress. They seem like they might have the ability to go somewhere, but never do. The vocals are average, and the musicianship's the same way. A few of the tracks find a way to hold my attention for a few seconds. In most places though, they just kind of fall flat and leave me wanting a bit more.

They really don't mix anything up particularly. All five of their tracks follow the same basic formula. None of them are particularly standouts, although "Sacrifice" comes the closest. Unfortunately, this is just one of those albums I lose interest in pretty quickly after the start, and I've figured out that if I don't start near the middle or end, I never reach the conclusion of it before I get the urge to change it to something a little bit more interesting. It may be the only blandly exciting tracks, or it could just be that they don't really have a single hook for their sound.

Unfortunately, I don't like The New Adventures Of... Due to the astounding reviews it's received, this seems like one of those albums that some people will find immensely entertaining, but that the rest of us will just fail to understand the appeal of. Those that love it will find some reason we're wrong about our opinions, and will find some great quality about the EP that the rest just don't seem to hear. I guess this is one of the few times I'll voluntarily take my seat as someone who just "doesn't get it."

Recommended if You Likemediocrity; alt-pop; a very bland version of National Product; unwarranted hype

myspace.com/getsetradio

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums