Album Review
Simplistic Urge - Drown in Your Own Demise Album Cover

Simplistic Urge - Drown in Your Own Demise

Reviewed by
Simplistic Urge - Drown in Your Own Demise
Record Label: Audio Wall Records
Release Date: August, 11, 2007
Who?

Simplistic Urge, metal band compliments of Chicago. Infectious, almost poppy vocals combined with melt-your-face guitars and hard-hitting double bass; guaranteed to deliver a ‘simplistic urge’ to put this CD on repeat.

How is it?

Drown In Your Own Demise is an extremely presentable and smart release for the Chicago rockers, containing everything from heavy guitars and breakdowns seen in “Shadow Legacy”, to catchy choruses and cheesy lyrics begging to be sung along to on “What Once Was”. Simplistic Urge is a guaranteed hit with anyone who enjoys a metal edge combined with lighter singing like A Day To Remember. Though nothing groundbreaking is heard on Drown In Your Own Demise, it is evident that the rockers are doing what they love. Lyrics never make it past a mediocre level, but as that seems to become a staple for most bands that have stepped in this genre, it really isn’t too much of an issue. As vocalist Tim Flynn belts out “Leave me in peace / Get Out Of My Dreams”, you’ll be far too focused on the chaos that Simplistic Urge creates with their energy to care about what exactly it is that he’s singing. As the closer “Nightmares” ends the album with some of the fantastic opening riffs, compliments of guitarists Mike Styrczula and “Matty”, metal and radio rock fans alike will have found their latest catchy vice in Simplistic Urge.

Recommended if You LikeAll That Remains; Bullet for My Valentine; A Day to Remember

myspace.com/simplisticurge
This review is a user submitted review from Kbm600. You can see all of Kbm600's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
10:25 PM on 11/19/08
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
this band is horrible. way too much double bass, not enough originality. i remember hearing this last year and thinking it was worse than a lot of the trendy deathcore shit that was just getting popular...
04:53 PM on 11/20/08
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
this band is horrible. way too much double bass, not enough originality. i remember hearing this last year and thinking it was worse than a lot of the trendy deathcore shit that was just getting popular...

They're not that terribly original. But for anyone that's into the bands I listed for the RIYL will enjoy them, guess that's what matters.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos