Username
Password
Lost Prophets News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lost Prophets
Inside AP.net

Ilan Rubin to Leave LPs for NIN

Posted by: Steve Henderson (11/18/08)
Ilan Rubin, who's been named the new drummer of Nine Inch Nails (and whose solo album we are streaming), will be leaving Lostprophets after their new album is finished.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
11:32 AM on 11/18/08
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
As much as I personally wish he was staying with Lostprophets, I can't say I blame him for leaving to do NIN haha.

Very glad he is still playing on their new record, though... I've been very excited to hear what he adds to the band as a part of the process and not just a session player like he was on Liberation Transmission.
11:34 AM on 11/18/08
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Not suprising.
11:36 AM on 11/18/08
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
upgrade
11:38 AM on 11/18/08
yummysushi
User Info.
i used to watch that kid play drums for an old local band called FoN when i was like 16 years old. he was sooo young then, but KILLED it on drums. you always knew the kid would go on to do HUGE things when he got older. joining NIN is a huge thing. haha. congrats to him.
11:54 AM on 11/18/08
dizzleforizzle
me, myself, and I
User Info.
i expected this. and as much as i love lostprophets, joining NIN is an amazing opportunity.
12:01 PM on 11/18/08
KrebstarKansas
User Info.
i used to watch that kid play drums for an old local band called FoN when i was like 16 years old. he was sooo young then, but KILLED it on drums. you always knew the kid would go on to do HUGE things when he got older. joining NIN is a huge thing. haha. congrats to him.

Hah! I thought I was the only one who remembered that band. I probably saw them like, four times at The Scene in SD and always though Ilan was insanely talented. I think he started playing for the band when he was eight or nine. I knew he'd go on to great things, but NIN...wow. Good for him.
12:03 PM on 11/18/08
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
but....
but....
but...
WHYYYY?!?!?!
as happy as i am for him (and for NIN, seeing as they influenced almost all my musical tastes today) this casts such a downer on an amazing week....
lost prophets wont be the same without him
but neither will NIN... and they NIN better have a good as hell live show to make up for this sad sad news lol
12:11 PM on 11/18/08
AsItFallsApart
Erect in defiance of god's will
User Info.
well dang, good for that guy, hopefully he lasts a good while with trent
12:41 PM on 11/18/08
hardenizzle
Rock Out To Emanuel!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
NIN better have a good as hell live show
If you haven't seen NIN live you are really missing out. hopefully this gets more young people off the trash that has been coming out in the last year and to shows that are actually worth paying to see. the shows are intense, they (since the singer got clean) sound perfect and always have great animation / light shows.

easily in my top 3 favorite live shows if not the.
04:11 PM on 11/18/08
gnomolots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Obviously this is just my perception, but I believe that the Prophets are much more interesting right now then NIN.

NIN's last too albums have been very plain. Although Liberation Transmission arguably wasn't as good as Start Something, it had some worthwhile songs that still showed they contain the sensibilities from their previous records.

There new live track "Next Stop Atrocity" sounds like a revamped "Fake Sound Of Progress" which is not a bad thing. A little extra polish is the only thing that record needed.
04:54 PM on 11/18/08
rawker31
User Info.
Well either way, I want that damn lostprophets album to be done. I would love to see NIN again and see how they are with Ilan, especially since Josh Freese is amazing.
07:10 PM on 11/18/08
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
If you haven't seen NIN live you are really missing out. hopefully this gets more young people off the trash that has been coming out in the last year and to shows that are actually worth paying to see. the shows are intense, they (since the singer got clean) sound perfect and always have great animation / light shows.

easily in my top 3 favorite live shows if not the.

i know they are amazing live
i havent seen them yet but have heard amazin things
i meant that it better be better then ever before to make up for my bitter dissapointment... lol
07:40 PM on 11/18/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
awesome.
11:10 PM on 11/18/08
Undue Noise
RETIRED
User Info.
I like Lostprophets but...UPGRADE!
Options
Related News Stories