Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts
10:37 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Dudes who cares about a blink reunion good charlotte is going to fill that void!!!!

hahahahaha. maybe Mark saw that, and said "somebody get Tom on the phone before the apocalypse is upon us!!!!!!"
10:48 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
And for all of you saying it's too bad the plane crash was what (supposedly) brought them together.....it's just like the Plus 44 song....a little death makes life more meaningful

haha love that lyric. I've heard some people bash his lyrics on that album, but he has some super awesome lines on there. and "no it isn't" is just one of the most honest songs ever made. Mark's the man.
10:50 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
hahaha i hate very few bands more than i hate AvA. they do not deserve the popularity and recognition they receive in the least. if you gave me a week, i could probably list at least 500 bands who's music is more worthy of the praise AvA receives. it's bullshit to me & upsets me in a lot of ways, especially when bands break up because they're broke because they don't get half of what AvA does and yet make music that is far superior.

i could go on and on about AvA, but it would be pointless haha. nothing i say is going to change the fact that bad music is more popular than good music and most likely always will be.

yup.
10:52 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Hoppus seems like a genuine genuine dude. He's right, "life is too short."

got to meet him luckily, and I can honestly say I've never met a nicer guy. as long as Mark Hoppus is making some kind of music, I'll be happy.
10:55 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I still think his best lyrics are his songs on Dude Ranch.

Lemmings and Apple Shampoo ftw

oh, no argument there. haha. apple shampoo is the best. and the title! genius.
10:57 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
haha i had a big long response typed out to this, but i don't like being negative on here as often as i possibly can. AvA, Paramore, and FOB are pretty much the only bands i will consistently shit-talk on AP. while there are plenty more that i dislike, some just as much or even more than those 3 bands, i just ignore them. the consistent popularity and adoration those 3 bands receive though drives me nuts and i feel inclined to comment on them when they're brought up.

yeah, I just cannot resist the urge to bash AVA and FOB when they have a thread on here. I wish I could resist. but it's futile. haha. I know what you mean.
10:58 PM on 11/18/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
fuuuuuuuuck yes.

now lets just reunite midtown, the movielife, and the starting line and throw them all on tour.

good god, would that be the tour of the century! I would pay ANYTHING necessary. haha
08:06 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
You know I wouldn't want Blink 182 to be back if they were not friends again. The album would probably suck and the live show would have none of that special chemistry. Towards the tail end of Blink they were not getting along and I could always sense it. I would love for them to all reconnect as friends and record an album that sounded like their older stuff. 3 dudes playing fun, aggressive, punk rock music. That is the blink we all fell in love with. That is essentially is a crappy punk rock band. That is what makes them so great. Every band in the so called "scene" that plays so called "poppunk" are just blink rip offs who emphasis horrible pop music with zero punk elements. I cannot get into any of the newer bands today. Blink 182 pop punk is the best music I have ever heard. I have been listening to dude ranch for 10 years now and the album never gets old. Dude ranch is the album that changed who I was as a person and after all these years it is still my favorite. I really hope Blink 182 comes back and are like the old blink 182. I don't want a ava/plus 44 mash up, I want BLINK 182!

everything you said. they shouldn't do anything unless they are 100% on the same page.
08:13 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think there's a single person other than you who would have had that thought. Fall Out Boy is today's blink. And blink was yesterday's Green Day. The cycle continues.

But damn, I want blink back.

GC said they were gonna try to fill the void that blink left. he's just referring to an MTV news story (and a news thread on here.)

imo, this is why Mark made a blog, haha. he was like "fuck guys, GC's gonna try to fill our void!"

and damn, I want blink back to! haha
08:37 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm very happy for the Mark Tom and Travis thing. Not only because of the possible reunion (it could be a good or a bad thing from my point of view) but because of blink brings me so many good memories. All of them are so awesome, probably the best of my life, and it was very sad to think about all the end of blink, and all the bad things that happened.

even if they just become friends and manage to do a reunion tour, it would be good to send blink out on a good note. even if they never recorded again. when a band breaks up suddenly like that, pretty much all the fans regret not going to see them.
09:03 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, however I don't like the way all the bands reunite these days. I preffer to see they are friends than seeing a horrible reunion tour.

And I saw them live so...

yeah, but I dont think they would do it unless they were completely on good terms. I mean, the chemistry between the three of them was like half of their appeal.
10:19 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Can you imagine what a new Blink-182 album would sound like though? The etheral sound of Tom's new magic - AVA, and the electronic sound of Mark and Travis' new gold - +44 mixed together with a little bit of leftover young-angst. I think it would be an amazing thing. Just amazing.

I don't honestly think Tom could write a blink 182 song again. but we'll see. if there was any AVA in my blink, I would be pissed to no end.

blink 182 should sound like blink 182. if they can't do that, then they shouldn't try. I hope they can though.
10:47 AM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
exactly. But not just Tom. I remember when plus 44 was recording and they said "cliffdiving" had a blink 182 feel to it. That cliffdiving song sucks and it sounds like diet blink 182. At the time they were writing dude ranch they were influenced by lagwagon, decendents, no use for a name, the queers, nofx, screeching weasel, ect... I am not sure they still listen to a lot of skate punk epitaph/fat mid ninety's music anymore. I know Mark and Toms tastes have changed somewhat, but that doesn't mean they don't listen to that stuff any more. If you listen to dude ranch and enema you can definitely hear the mid ninety's skate punk influence. A lot of what they create has a lot to do with what they are currently listening to. Maybe if they all got some brews together and chilled by a half pipe they could conjure up a throwback Blink 182 punk album. (which is what I would love) In my opinion the s/t was good but not great. It's more of an alternative rock record. I can understand why that album sounded the way it did specifically relating to the year it came out in and what was going on in music, but I think it's time to come full circle. I could only hope they could put a new spin on the classic socal punk Blink 182 sound .

and there's also the "growing up" aspect. while dude ranch is easily my favorite, I loved the self-titled too. I felt like they had set themselves up to have a long career with that record, and I was so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to hear where they went from there. they couldn't have written the same way forever. but for purposes of like a one shot last album deal, it would be great to see em go back to their roots a little bit.

in a perfect world, Tom would get off his high horse and realize that AVA will never change the world or any of that garbage. but like I said, I highly doubt that Tom could go back to writing blink 182 songs. but I can hope. I really think we will at least get a reunion tour at some point though. and that would be enough for me.
09:17 PM on 11/19/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Hahahah. I had to stop lurking and make an account just so I could laugh at this.

What good news! :)

haha. so odd to get this the day after the GC story. Mark had to nip that shit in the bud!
02:51 PM on 11/20/08
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
At least Tom and Mark still talk like they're those same skate punk kids with a ton of fucking attitude. That alone to me shows that they'll never grow up and are able to do what they did. Might just take a little extra effort

yeah. I mean, from what live footage I've seen of AVA, Tom pretty much talks the same as he did with blink, which to me makes AVA just sound forced and fake.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos