Password

Album Review

The Killers - Day & Age Album Cover

The Killers - Day & Age

Reviewed by
The KillersDay & Age
Record Label: Island Records
Release Date: November 25, 2008
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
A few days ago I was walking home, saving emissions, and generally minding my own business. I diverted my attention from the asphalt in front of me to wave at some hotties who had recognized me as “The Blake Solomon” – this happens quite a bit, so as you can guess, I’ve become pretty good at multi-tasking. Well, for whatever reason, my gaze missed a big honking piece of gum in the path. I planted my left, neon green Dunk right on top of this abomination. Ew! Yucky! The fragment was so big that it threw my walk off, making it look like I was hiding a peg leg under my corduroys, which, admittedly, would have been awesome. But no, all I had was someone’s Juicy Fruit and no equilibrium.

Being a germaphobe (this is not a word – Ed.), I didn’t dare touch this piece of gum until returning home. I always keep spare sets of doctor’s latex gloves in my desk just for situations such as this. I highly recommend keeping a box around, especially if you have a dog or a f**king filthy roommate who somehow manages to leave his underwear in the most ridiculous of places.

By the time I arrived home a blister was forming from all the limping. For all their flashy girl appeal, Dunks do a shitty job of comforting the foot. I could barely make it up the stairs to my desk, and indeed I didn’t, because I realized the gum was stuck to the carpet. I was caught in quicksand made of saliva and whatever the hell Xantham is. Knowing that my housemates could barge in at any second and see me stuck to the stairs, I had to act quick. I removed my shoe, which I should have done ages ago, and rushed to put on my gloves. I also stopped for some Kool-Aid, but that’s just because I’m an idiot who has no time management skills.

Naturally, “Tim” arrives home to see me hunched over the 4th step, wearing doctor’s gloves and sweating buckets. He asked if there was any more Kool-Aid, I grunted yes, and he lurched away. That wasn’t so bad. I had forgotten that a few weeks ago I caught him watching Wizards of Waverly Place much too late on a weekend night. He owed, and cut, me some slack. It’s a roommate code; weird things are going to happen to all involved, so don’t dwell on them.

Back to the story: I removed the gum only after a call to my mother. There’s some sort of magic solution only moms know that removes gum from carpets. And apparently just by my voice she knew I hadn’t eaten any vegetables that day. What a saint. I was just glad the ordeal was over. And, yes, glad that I was too busy to notice Day & Age, the wretched abomination that is The Killers' new album, playing over and over and over again through my headphones. Ew! Yucky!

Recommended If You Like: Panic! at the Disco and freeze pops

Happy Thanksgiving?www.myspace.com/thekillers

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 334
09:20 AM on 11/21/08
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.
haha, that gave me a good laugh...it's not that terrible though.
Good story.
09:23 AM on 11/21/08
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
haha nice. havnt heard this yet, but based on the single, this has to be DIRT.
09:23 AM on 11/21/08
jbaseball44
Alexis
User Info.
Enjoyed the read Blake.
09:24 AM on 11/21/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool album art!
09:24 AM on 11/21/08
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I'd like an actual "review" of their new album. I get that you thought the album was awful, but why?
09:25 AM on 11/21/08
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
You can't blame this album for sucking, Brandon Flowers is still trying to grapple with the fact that Rufus Wainwright wants to jump his bones.
09:26 AM on 11/21/08
djsclaus
www.brandonmarshall.net
User Info.
wtf kind of review is this blake? thanks for the three sentences on the actual album

i'd give this a 65% at least, this album isnt that bad at all. it'll grow on me..
09:26 AM on 11/21/08
c_rob2700
User Info.
I lol'd, gonna get so much shit from kids who don't understand what's going on
09:27 AM on 11/21/08
RetardedInLove
He Will Learn To Love Again
User Info.
Wow, I haven't heard this yet and I am still excited for it, but man that's a low score.
09:29 AM on 11/21/08
jbaseball44
Alexis
User Info.
here come the comments "you didn't write anything about the album". Just stay away from this album unless you enjoy awful music. Instead, enjoy reading Blakes review which is ultimately more satisfying then the album itself.
09:29 AM on 11/21/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHA still haven't listened to this album, but great review
09:31 AM on 11/21/08
jbaseball44
Alexis
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHA still haven't listened to this album, but great review
Sweet avatar Drew, just bought that two days ago.
09:32 AM on 11/21/08
fluke182
Burning bicycles for revenge
User Info.
Hmm. Not much of a review. Haven't heard it yet, so it may yet deserve it, but typically albums at least deserve analysis of some sort, regardless of how bad they may be.
09:32 AM on 11/21/08
PlusDanny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Pitchfork's review of Jet's last album had more merit and meat behind it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos