Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Idlewild Announce New Album Plans

Posted by: Steve Henderson (11/21/08)
Idlewild have announced the very unique plans to record and release their upcoming album. Read the full details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
09:28 PM on 11/21/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
IDLEWILD - PRESS RELEASE

Idlewild are pleased to announce plans for our forthcoming new studio album with an opportunity for our fans to be involved from an early stage. We will be in the studio for the first few months of 2009 and plan a conventional album release in the summer but, for a limited time, we would like to offer our fans a chance to be involved from the beginning by pre-ordering a special edition album along with plenty of extras. This offer is available world-wide so that finally fans overseas will have the chance to hear our music at the same time as everyone in the UK and before any general release.

Here's how it works:
By going to idlewildmusic.com you will get details on how to pre-order and what you will receive.
These include a limited edition CD album (with free download version) in exclusive packaging & including at least one bonus track. This will be shipped within weeks of completion & before any standard release.
You can get your name to appear in the CD booklet with the album and on a roll-call on the web site.
Access to download 15 free tracks from live recordings at the King Tuts "album by album" shows In December '08 & access to a members only section of the web site with album progress updates, exclusive photo and video content from the recording and preproduction process with diaries/blogs by individual band members and lots more.
Signing up will also automatically enter you into draws for special prizes.

Why are we doing this?
After 11 years of recording and releasing records within the constraints of the record industry we now fee that the time is right and the technology exists for us to deal more quickly and directly with the fans. It also allows us total control of our music and will ultimately mean that should you choose to get involved you will hear our music as soon as it is available.
Although the album will have a more traditional release some time later in 2009 we hope you will support us in our efforts to try something new and choose to pre-order the album now.

To Pre-order please visit www.idlewildmusic.com

Thank you
Idlewild
21/11/2008
09:33 PM on 11/21/08
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
that is great news, a friend of mine made me a copy of 100 Broken Windows in high school and I remember listening to it all the time
10:05 PM on 11/21/08
holybuble
User Info.
the remote part should be in the top ten of everyone.
10:08 PM on 11/21/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
One of my all time faves.
10:25 PM on 11/21/08
chillinlikebob
User Info.
Such an amazing band. Roddy Woomble's solo stuff is gorgeous.
Really looking forward to this!
11:59 PM on 11/21/08
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Only available for people in the UK?
How much is this in US dollars?
12:47 AM on 11/22/08
Undue Noise
RETIRED
User Info.
Agreed.
05:45 AM on 11/22/08
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.

most definetly. great, underrated album
07:32 AM on 11/22/08
holybuble
User Info.
if we're talking seriously about this band we just have to admit that:
a)Warning/Promises was half disappointing and
b)Make Another World was terribly bad.
sadly, now, i don't know what to expect.
07:33 AM on 11/22/08
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
love this band.

and i dont know why everyone was disappointed with warnings/promises. its one of their best imo.
08:46 AM on 11/22/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I do agree with this.
09:11 AM on 11/22/08
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
This band is so fucking good and under the radar. I actually adore every single album of theirs, they all have their moments imo. But The Remote Part and 100 Broken Windows should be appreciated by everyone.
01:05 PM on 11/22/08
naphtha74
Loves Healthy Testicles
User Info.

Idlewild are my favourite band so I can understand that most people feel Warning/Promises and Make Another World were disappointing. I wish they could go back to Captain and Hope Is Important etc but it aint gonna happen. They're an older band who want to do different things and by accepting this style of music, I really love the songs they made, although I know their old stuff is better. You find this with most bands. I love the fact that in their recent b-sides and rares gigs that they have played old songs with passion and genuine joy. Im going to see 2 out of the 5 gigs in December at King Tuts (Hope Is Important and 100 Broken Windows) and I cannot wait.
01:43 PM on 11/22/08
holybuble
User Info.
Idlewild are my favourite band so I can understand that most people feel Warning/Promises and Make Another World were disappointing. I wish they could go back to Captain and Hope Is Important etc but it aint gonna happen. They're an older band who want to do different things and by accepting this style of music, I really love the songs they made, although I know their old stuff is better. You find this with most bands. I love the fact that in their recent b-sides and rares gigs that they have played old songs with passion and genuine joy. Im going to see 2 out of the 5 gigs in December at King Tuts (Hope Is Important and 100 Broken Windows) and I cannot wait.

i don't expect them to go back to their past.i just wanna feel the same passion.the same vibes.i mean,warning wasn't a bad record.it was just too formal.More Ian Curtis than Morrissey but the songs..Man,the songs are just,well,NORMAL.I mean not all,off course.3 of them are spectacular(El Capitan,Love steals,Disconnected.)
Make Another World is a whole different story.They totally lost the direction with it-"If It Takes You Home" is a blatant attempt to bring back the energy from 100 B.W..
I hope the will find it back with the new one. I have faith in Roddy.I just wanna songs.Not attempts.
Lucky You.Have a good gig!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums