Username
Password
Metal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metal
Inside AP.net

Metal & Hardcore Round-Up (11/22/08)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (11/22/08)
Another attempt at something new. Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in metal and hardcore news brought to you by xalexislegendx.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 143
03:06 PM on 11/22/08
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Metal & Hardcore Round-UpSpecial thanks to AP.net's Linda Ferreira for giving me the opportunity to do this. Also a big shout out goes to deadkidsean and williek311, whose Hip Hop Round-Up inspired me to do this. Drew's recent review of the new Bring Me the Horizon album was met with comments about how the site needs more metal coverage so this seems to be an appropriate time to start doing this

-----------------------------------

News

Bleeding Through, The Acacia Strain, As Blood Runs Black, and Impending Doom will be touring the US together in February. Dates are expected soon. Bleeding Through will follow it up with a headlining tour in Australia with Between The Buried And Me, As Blood Runs Black and In Trenches.

Terror's cover of Subzero's "Boxed In" can be heard here.

Satyricon has signed a North American deal with Koch Records, who will release their seventh album, The Age of Nero, on January 13th.

Bassist Christopher Mrozek has left Dance Club Massacre. Says the band: "We wish Chris the best in all his future endeavors. We're going to miss him. Chris has been in the band since we started back in 2004." Replacing him is James Poston.

A video of Thick as Blood recording pre-production material can be viewed here.

Circle of Dead Children have entered Mr. Smalls Studio in Pittsburgh to record their next full length, Psalm of the Grand Destroyer, which Willowtip Records plans to have out next spring.

Metal Blade Records has signed the Pennsylvania-based thrash metal band Believer and the UK metal band Malefice. Believer formed in 1986 and disbanded in 1994 before officially reforming 2007; their comeback album will be released early next year.

Reign Supreme posted a video documenting the making of their new album, Testing the Limits.

Parkway Drive, Shai Hulud
, and Crystal Lake will be touring Japan together beginning in January.

Century Media Records has signed Virginia Beach's We Were Gentleman. They are currently recording their Century Media debut, Living Hell, which is due out next spring.

Pelican's music video for "Lost in the Headlights" can be seen here.

This Ending will release Dead Harvest via Metal Blade Records on February 3, 2009.

After the Burial have announced the addition of Anthony Notarmaso on vocals, replacing Grant Luoma who left the band in the summer. States the group: "After completing the Cleansing The Nation Tour with our long time friend Anthony Notarmaso, it became very clear to us that he is exactly what we have been looking for. We are extremely happy to hit the road with our friends in Born of Osiris this month as our lineup is now complete. Writing new material with Anthony is already underway, and we are very excited for 2009."

Napalm Records has signed Danish metal act Hatesphere .

----------------------------------------------

In Stores Next Week:

Architect - Ghost of the Salt Water Machines
Austrian Death Machine - A Very Brutal Christmas (EP)
Becoming The Archetype - Dichotomy
Crowpath - One With Filth
Cynic - Traced In Air
Demon Hunter - 45 Days (CD/2-DVD)
Furious Styles - Menace
Hope For The Dying - Hope For The Dying
International Superheroes of Hardcore - HPHC (7" EP)
Kill What I Adore - Whatever It Takes
Severed Savior - Servile Insurrection
Unreal City - Ephemeral Subsistence
xDeathstarx - The Triumph (Re-issue)

----------------------------------------------

Recommendation of the Week

It was tough deciding what to recommend on the first week, but I spun Between the Buried and Me's latest album, Colors, earlier today, and I can't think of a better choice. Although I'm sure you're plenty familiar with it if you're reading this, it's an epic progressive metal album and one of my favorite releases of 2007. The band also recently released a DVD featuring the album performed live in full, and it's fantastic.

---------------------------------------------

Contributed by xalexislegendx

Reviews by xalexislegendx can be found here.

Please feel free to leave any suggestions, ideas, questions, etc. by e-mailing me at alex@horror-101.com, sending me a PM, or commenting on this post. If you liked this, let me know and I'll keep it up. If not, thanks for reading anyway.
03:11 PM on 11/22/08
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
Haha, AP is tackling every genre.

Next up: Polka.
03:11 PM on 11/22/08
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
pumped on the new (or old) xdeathstarx record......i wish that impending doom tour was headin my way!
03:14 PM on 11/22/08
alltimecam
hi
User Info.
haha that happened quick, I saw your post on the rap version of this.
03:15 PM on 11/22/08
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
dwep
03:15 PM on 11/22/08
Trent Powers
User Info.
hell yeah. this rules.
03:16 PM on 11/22/08
in10city
www.ryanpolei.com
User Info.
this is definitely a feature i would check out weekly
03:17 PM on 11/22/08
altemose09
User Info.
now all we need is a ska round-up.
i would say ska is the least covered genre on ap and it's a sub-genre of punk. it should come before hip-hop and metal.
03:19 PM on 11/22/08
jaywarden1
Jay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i live for the metal roundup
03:20 PM on 11/22/08
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
This is awesome. Great idea.
03:22 PM on 11/22/08
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
now all we need is a ska round-up.
i would say ska is the least covered genre on ap and it's a sub-genre of punk. it should come before hip-hop and metal.

nobody has volunteered for that yet
03:22 PM on 11/22/08
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I've been submitting news about metal and hardcore bands to the site for quite a while. Some of it gets posted while much of the less-mainstream stories go unnoticed, so this is ideal. I also began writing reviews not too long ago, so consider this the beginning of my campaign for a spot on the staff! While that will likely never happen, I actually enjoyed writing this up, so let me know what you think.

Also note that the term metal is being used in a broad sense to cover "heavy" music, giving me an excuse to also talk about hardcore and the like.
03:23 PM on 11/22/08
JJJ
highlogicclothing.com
User Info.
Awesome dood. I listen to a lot of music like this, so it's sweet to see some news on it. Let me know if you need any help with anything.
03:24 PM on 11/22/08
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Parkway needs to hit Jersey up again.

Colors is one of the best albums I have heard in years.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests