AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

National Product News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Danny Blogs About Faceless International

Posted by - 11:58 AM on 11/28/08
Head to the replies to check out a blog from Danny Casler of National Product. He talks about his current situation with Faceless International and their new shirt which was a result of this contest.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:58 AM on 11/28/08
Jamie Pham
@jamiepham
User Info.
Awhile back I posted a bulletin seeking out designers for the first shirts we would be selling to raise money to help the many victims of the sex trade industry have an alternative means of income to support the women as well their children, and the children who are victims to these crimes.

This is an organization that many amazing bands are apart of: Anberlin, Showbread, The Classic Crime and lastly National Product.

I was very moved and inspired by documentary and have been dedicating my heart and mind to this organization and my first line of defense to help these women and children was to organize some merchandise. The second line for myself personally, was to become even more educated within the organization so that I can use my position as a musician and person in the public eye to educate others on a disgusting industry that generates over 7 BILLION dollars a year, destroying young women's lives from ages as young as 6 years old all the way. I don’t want to go into too much detail, I would rather you all be moved by learning more for yourself. I would love to assist anyone who has questions on how to help. I have been fielding a great amount of emails and continue to do so. My current line of defense as some of you know is this:

Ever since I have been home from tour, I have dedicated myself to eliminating as much of my personal material belongings as possible. I have been selling them on ebay because I guess I figured out that I have a lot of things that would mean more to someone else, and a lot of it is catching dust, more importantly, the money raised, was going to enable me to go on all these future missions I have planned with Faceless i.e. Guatemala, India, Ukraine etc. Well, I am happy to say that it has been going great and many people have supported me on my goals to help others, because frankly, people are awesome, and this is an issue so much bigger than any band, than any person and it enables me to become even more educated on a subject that is devastating lives. Its one thing to see it online, to read about it, but its a completely different world when your face to face with it and your forced to deal with your core emotions. I will use these experiences to force even more conviction into my blood so when I come back, I can inspire that same conviction in you all.

Anyhow, I am not here to promote my ebay page, rather, Im here to let you know the merchandise is finally here and available for EVERYONE to purchase. It was designed by the lovely Jamie Radar out of Chicago and he did a phenomenal job. Since then, I have actually seen a rip off of his design in a Walmart (bummer) however, I guess flattering?

Anyway, this is the very first available Merchandise from Faceless, there is not a lot, but, what we do have right now will greatly help in sustaining some of these women and children so they can begin to separate themselves from this industry. P.S. I will be headed to Ukraine in May, for those of you who would like to become as passionate as I am with this, email me. Id love to help you find ways so that YOU can come with us.

To see the merchandise click below:

http://www.merchline.com/facelessinternational/

To continue to learn more about Faceless International:

http://www.facelessinternational.com

To email me:

Danny@npmusic.com

Thank you all. This means a lot to me, and I want it to mean something to you.
12:11 PM on 11/28/08
chitownjosh
is ready for christmas break
User Info.
12:20 PM on 11/28/08
oncedarkness
Listen to Josh Garrels
User Info.
really cool of him. this organization is shedding light on such a huge problem that is not on the forefront of people's minds like it should be
12:22 PM on 11/28/08
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
wow. such a big hearted guy. i seriously applaud his efforts.

best of luck, danny.
12:29 PM on 11/28/08
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
Good luck, Danny :)
12:34 PM on 11/28/08
wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
I saw one of these guy's videos on Comcast On Demand last night I watched cause I was like "hey! that guy posts on AP all the time!" it was pretty cool.
12:35 PM on 11/28/08
ashiex3
Oh, but the world is a mess.
User Info.
faceless is such a great organization.
good luck in ukraine next year. i have a friend who's from there and attends mission trips there all the time.
hopefully one day i'll be able to join you guys.
01:14 PM on 11/28/08
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I've done a lot of reasearch on human sex trafficking lately- it's not a pretty situation at all. NGOs like Faceless can do a lot to help the situation.
07:44 PM on 11/28/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
thanks guys for at least checking things out =)
09:01 PM on 11/28/08
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
This is an issue that has captured my attention and passion this past year. Some other links to check out:

http://www.nightlightbangkok.com
http://www.love146.org
http://www.stopthetraffik.org
The International Justice Mission

and of course Faceless.

Keep it up, Danny.
11:38 PM on 11/28/08
AlkalineAvA
Bing! Bang! Boom!
User Info.
wow, i tihnk ill def pick up a shirt. what your doing danny is really inspiring. i need to finally talk to my youth pastor about getting kids from chruch to help out my community. this kinda reminded me haha :). what are other ways i can help out with this?
12:38 AM on 11/29/08
destiny brandon
User Info.
what a great cause. danny casler is one of the most genuine people ive met. we need more people like him in this industry! I wish you the best of luck
12:59 AM on 11/29/08
Undue Noise
RETIRED
User Info.
Really great of you, Danny. Good cause to become passionate about.
01:33 AM on 11/30/08
onemoresong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's really kind of you to raise awareness of this issue. good luck brah!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos