Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
10:20 PM on 12/14/08
Melkor
You and I are going to Live Forever
User Info.
I like a lot of the songs off here for big, unapologetic hooks but the total lack of originality, the pretty cringeworthy lyrics (at times), the lack of any really good musicianship, the overdone clone vocals, the album being way too long and the sheer amount of 'Whoas' in the album (see The Truth Is A Terrible Thing, Gossip, You've Made Your Bed, The Rumour) mean this is nowhere near an 81%. I enjoy the album and can see these flaws. I had enough whoas to last me a lifetime after that FTSK song, never mind after hearing this album.

That isn't mentioning that I prefer the demos of a couple of the songs as well, notably 'Save It For The Bedroom'. The album could have done without at least two songs (my picks are 'Tigers and Sharks' and 'Nasty Habits') but without them the album just becomes a collection of older songs that have been available and heard for at least a year, which even with 13 songs is still an issue as the older ones are the standouts.

I honestly quite like this album but objectively the rating is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos