1. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound 2. Dillinger Four - C I V I L W A R
3. Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger
4. The Living End - White Noise
5. Tourmaline - The Swindle
6. House of Heroes - The End is Not the End
7. Butch Walker - Sycamore Meadows
8. The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
9. Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All of His Friends
10. Less Than Jake - GNV FLA
11. Thrice - The Alchemy Index, Vols. III + IV - Air & Earth
12. Dear and the Headlights - Drunk Like Bible Times
13. Joey Cape - Bridge
14. The Reign of Kindo - Rhythm, Chord & Melody
15. Valencia - We All Need a Reason to Believe
16. Trever Keith - Melancholics Anonymous
17. Copeland - You Are My Sunshine
18. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
19. Polar Bear Club - Sometimes Things Just Disappear
20. R.E.M. - Accelerate
21. A06 - The Chronicles of A06, Vol. 1: The Dark Tower of Cypher Lecleur
22. Love You Moon - Waxwane
23. Torche - Meanderthal
24. Bayside - Shudder
25. Good Old War - Only Way to Be Alone
Top 10 EPs of 20081. Relient K - The Nashville Tennis EP
2. The Gaslight Anthem - The Senor and the Queen EP
3. Ellington - More Like a Movie, Less Like Real Life
4. Coldplay - Prospekt's March
5. Monikers - Eat Your Young
6. Dead To Me - Little Brother
7. Third Eye Blind - Red Star EP
8. Lagwagon - I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon
9. Straylight Run - Un Mas Dos
10. They Found Me, They Named Me - Ship As State
Top 10 Songs of 2008
1. Joey Cape "What We've Become"
2. Jack's Mannequin "Annie Use Your Telescope"
3. The Gaslight Anthem "High Lonesome"
4. Butch Walker "ATL"
5. Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"
6. Coldplay "Viva La Vida"
7. Smoking Popes "Sweet Pea"
8. Panic at the Disco "Nine in the Afternoon"
9. Dillinger Four "Gainesville"
10. Weezer "Pork and Beans"
Top 10 Most Disappointing Albums of 2008
1. Weezer - Weezer (2008)
2. The Offspring - Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
3. Phantom Planet - Raise the Dead
4. Goldfinger - Hello Destiny
5. The Killers - Day and Age
6. Millencolin - Machine 15
7. Lovedrug - The Sucker Punch Show 8. The Academy Is... - Fast Times at Barrington High
9. Person L - Initial
10. The Matches - A Band in Hope
Top 10 Worst Albums of 2008*Note: these are just the albums I heard. I don't (and can't) listen to every shitty album to come out.
1. The Maine - Can't Stop, Won't Stop
(No, please do.)
2. Plain White T's - Big Bad World
(Big, terrible album is more like it.)
3. The Academy Is... - Fast Times at Barrington High
(Fast times at desperate label.)
4. 3OH!3 - Want
(Do not want.)
5. Forever the Sickest Kids - Underdog Alma Mater
(Reduce, reuse, recycle.)
6. Quietdrive - Deliverance
(Deliver us from repetitive songs!)
7. Trapt - Only Through the Pain...
(...will you understand what listening to this is like.)
8. Thieves and Villains - Movement
(Credibility? We don't need no steenkin' credibility!)
9. Simple Plan - Simple Plan
(Even Tiger Beat doesn't like you anymore.)
10. Hinder - Take It To the Limit
(Take it to the garbage can.)
Top 10 Worst Songs of 2008
1. Metro Station "Shake It"
2. Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up"
(Former strippers prove yet again why not everyone should be a musician.)
3. Mariah Carey "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"
(Full Metal Jacket called...)
4. Britney Spears "Womanizer"
5. Ashlee Simpson "Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)"
(What the hell were they thinking with this one?)
6. Miley Cyrus "7 Things"
(I have a list I would love you to look at, Miley.)
7. Jonas Brothers "Burnin' Up"
(Edgy? No. Sexy? No. Awkward and uncomfortable for its sheer awfulness? Bingo!)
8. Nickelback "Gotta Be Somebody"
(Yeah, somebody talented.)
9. Secondhand Serenede "Fall For You"
(Getting laid has never seemed so damn pathetic.)
10. Jesse McCartney "Leavin'"
(Who does this guy think he is? Seriously!)
Top Five Best Bands of 2008
1. The Gaslight Anthem
3. Jack's Mannequin
4. Dillinger Four
Top Five Worst Bands of 2008
1. The Maine
2. Plain White T's
3. Metro Station
4. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
5. Ice Nine Kills/Envy on the Coast (for their sheer arrogance)
Most Overrated Band: Vampire Weekend - they're not bad, but they are far from the second coming. Calm down, hipsters.
2008's Biggest Surprises
1. Metallica - Death Magnetic
(I honestly did not think they had it in them to record this.)
2. Pennywise - Reason to Believe
(Their last few albums have been big disappointments. Nice to have a solid release from them.)
3. R.E.M. - Accelerate
(Been awhile since these pioneers released such a nearly-flawless album.)
4. Gavin DeGraw - Gavin DeGraw (Never thought I would like his soulful pop as much as I do.)
5. The Living End - White Noise
(Simply because, I didn't know it was being released until two days prior.)
Breakthrough Band of the Year: The Gaslight Anthem Next Band to Be on the Lookout For: Lydia Best Discovery of the Year: Torche
Best Film of 2008
The Dark Knight
This review is a user submitted review from Chris Fallon. You can see all of Chris Fallon's submitted reviews here.