Password

Album Review

Local H - Twelve Angry Months Album Cover

Local H - Twelve Angry Months

Reviewed by
Local H - Twelve Angry Months
Record Label: Shout! Factory
Release Date: May 13, 2008
Aside from the oddly captivating cover of Britney Spears' "Toxic" off their 2005 live record, I've been left spinning Local H's Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles for the last four years. What can I say, I'm a fan of these Illinois music junkies. If I have to wait almost half a fucking decade for new material, well... then I guess that's what needs to be done. Luckily for me - finally! - comes their new furious album 12 Angry Months from Shout! Factory Records.

It's a concept album, about the aftermath of a relationship gone wrong. Tired idea? Yes, but the disc manages to hit hard and strong on the awesome-o-meter without coming off cliché or contrived - and might I inject, has been playing on my music-machine since I received it in the mail a week or so after the release. Already hinted in the title, 12 Angry Months features 12 angry tracks that go into detail of vocalist Scott Lucas' failed romance, each month showing a specific new emotion much along the lines of aggression, hope, denial, fear, compromise, depression, and tons of other complicated things that go hand in hand with torrid situations gone wrong.

Prior to reading the press release attached to 12 Angry Months, I must admit I hadn't figured out that the album was a concept to a soured relationship. I simply saw it as a great addition to an already-solid catalogue of hits that Local H have supplied to us since 1995's Ham Fisted. So whether you're still on the rebound, happily married, or just out for a good time, give this a listen and have some fun with a sad subject most of us can relate to in one aspect or another.

Recommended if You LikeThe Subways; The Sounds; Nirvana; TV on the Radio

myspace.com/localh
This review is a user submitted review from skinnypuppy. You can see all of skinnypuppy's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:29 AM on 12/20/08
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Not enough people know about this band, it's upsetting. I'd say "Hands On The Bible" from Here Comes The Zoo is my favorite, but after hearing a few songs from this, I'd have to say they still have what it takes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos