AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Boys Night Out - 05.27.05

Boys Night Out - 05.27.05

Interviewed by
Boys Night Out - 05.27.05*This interview was done by the guitarist Jeff of Boys Night Out*

So, how did boys night out come together and where does the name come from?

We originally got started a really long time ago when we were 14 and it was all different members and played one show before we broke up, and then in 2001 and one Connor and I recorded a couple demos and then started playing demoís

And as for the name, it was originally pulled from the movie Billy Madison.

You are about to release your new album Train Wreck, what was the experience recording this one like compared to the previous albums.

It was way different then any of the other albums, previously we still had jobs and it wasnít something that we put full time in. After make yourself sick came out we started taking it a lot more serious. Quit our jobs, toured full time, so this time was great and we worked with producer Machine on the new album.

What was it like working with machine?

Heís a crazy dude; he was really supportive and helped us out. We got pumped having him do this record for us.

So, I have the first two albums and there is a big change of sound from album to album. Is that the same thing with Train Wreck?

Itís different in the sense that itís a progression. We were all new at writing and recording when we first started, and now at this point we are getting better at it. When we did make yourself sick we were still trying to figure it all out, and it was recorded in our friendís basement.

We are trying to develop the sound a bit more, but its still a boys night out album. Itís got the screaming in it and some of the heavier stuff weíve done. And we have a girl in the band that plays keyboards, so thatís going to make the album melodic in some parts.

What is the concept behind the new album, I saw that all the new tracks are ending in ing?

Yeah, itís definitely a concept album. The album just flows a lot better and has a story that each song follows. But, I donít want to give away too much before it comes out.

On that note, is there any significance to all the long name titles on the last album?

I mean, some of the songs had something to do with the song. But, a lot of the time we would just pull song titles from movies and stuff like that.

Did you find it hard writing the new album, or did it all come pretty natural.

It came pretty naturally, we had been thinking about what we wanted to do with this album, so by the time we got into the studio we were ready to get it recorded.

I also have been noticing a large amount of things going on for the band this summer with tours and what not. Is there any certain thing that you guys are more excited about?

We are doing 2 months of warped tour and then after that we head out on the road with Fall Out Boy / The Starting Line. So, we are pretty excited about everything.

How was playing bamboozle?

Horrible, we were supposed to play the first day on the main stage under a different band name and just everything was falling through. No show permits, the sound and lighting. It was just a big mess.

You guys have been signed to Ferret for the last few records, how did you guys get hooked up with a record deal there?

Actually, the heard about us on mp3.com and then after that we had worked out a deal with a few other labels and then Ferret wanted to sign us. They have been great to us since weíve been on it.

Boys Night Out is from Canada, I know that a lot of great bands have been coming out of there the last few years, but did you guys find it hard to get noticed or make a name for yourself there?

For the most part we have just really lucked out with everything like I said with the ferret deal and getting signed right away. We really have just had a good time and good fan base since weíve started.

Thank you again, is there any last words you would like to say to all the readers and fans in absolutepunk.net world

Just thank you for the support and donít forget to pick up the new album ďTrain WreckĒ in stores July 26th

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
11:29 AM on 05/28/05
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Haha, Starting Line. Wow.
11:49 AM on 05/28/05
The Silencer
the one above all
User Info.
this needs to leak ;)

hahahahaha just kidding...

...ok I wasn't kidding
12:53 PM on 05/28/05
jerkstore20
Douchebag Deluxe.
User Info.
i wonder if that's the supposed Starting Line/Fall out Boy/MCS tour??

TRUE TIL DEATH.
Jason.

Originally Posted by InaGreendase
Haha, Starting Line. Wow.
03:33 PM on 05/28/05
classicjazz123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by jerkstore20
i wonder if that's the supposed Starting Line/Fall out Boy/MCS tour??

TRUE TIL DEATH.
Jason.

it is
04:16 PM on 05/28/05
celebrate ashes
User Info.
i've only heard the song on purevolume but i talked with andrew from the weakend after their wonderful show last night and he said he's heard like 4 songs and they were all amazing

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos